Lyricator v1.5.5 (2022-11-25)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Meander

Re: Lyricator v1.2.1 (2014-03-16)

Post by Meander »

I've just discovered that lyrics recently downloaded from Letras.mus.br are leaving artefacts at the end which need editIng out. It may be that it's only affecting me, but I thought I'd better give a heads up on it - just in case. No other sources seem to be affected.

Lyricator v 1.2.1
MediaMonkey v 4.1.4.1709
Windows v 8.1 pro
Last edited by Meander on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Chrisky wrote:Hi there,

just downloaded the addon (1.2.1.1), did not have any previous installs and the popup instantly disappears. I installed, restarted MM and it was working for a while. Now I haven't been able to get it back working, not even by the "Go to Properties, close and re-lyricate" method described before.
I'm on Win 7 x64 and MM 4.1.4.1709.

ETA: Weird. Just figured that tracks lying on my NAS (in the MM database) work fine, whereas local tracks on my HDD dont seem to work (insta-close).
In order for the plugin to work, the tracks have to already be in the library because that is where it pulls the track info from.
ImageSpoon!
Tradebaby

Lyricator sometimes returns <script....

Post by Tradebaby »

Been using Lyricator wonderfully for a while but sometimes a song comes back with....

<script>(function() {var opts = {artist: "Michael_Jackson",song: "Billie Jean",adunit_id: 39382076,div_id: "cf_async_" + Math.floor((Math.random() * 999999999))};document.write('');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(window.cf)c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.tonefuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)};})();</script>

at the start of the lyrics.

I really have no idea what this is about - it obviously serves some purpose. But I'm having to delete it to display the lyrics properly.

Could someone explain

Many thanks

Darroll
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It requires an update, MediaMonkey has already updated in the latest beta for MediaMonkey 4.1.5 for the build in Lyrics retriever.
Tradebaby

Post by Tradebaby »

Thx for the info,

My 4.1.2 version didn't return anything in the "Check for Updates" tab. I manually installed 4.1.4, but that seemed to completely screw up all the SKIN plugins and i couldn't get any albums to show in the main window. So I've reinstalled the previous version.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need 4.1.5 (not 4.1.4) for this be resolved with the MediaMonkey Lyrics retriever.
Tradebaby

Post by Tradebaby »

Thanks for the reply,

But my problem is with the addon - Lyricator - I don't use Media Monkey's inbuilt Lyric finder.

Will 4.1.5 solve that ?

Thx

Darroll
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As said, no, only the build in version will be fixed. Any fixes in Lyricator will require an update for Lyricator itself.
thehammer

Re: Lyricator sometimes returns <script....

Post by thehammer »

Tradebaby wrote:Been using Lyricator wonderfully for a while but sometimes a song comes back with....

<script>(function() {var opts = {artist: "Michael_Jackson",song: "Billie Jean",adunit_id: 39382076,div_id: "cf_async_" + Math.floor((Math.random() * 999999999))};document.write('');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(window.cf)c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.tonefuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)};})();</script>

at the start of the lyrics.

I really have no idea what this is about - it obviously serves some purpose. But I'm having to delete it to display the lyrics properly.

Could someone explain

Many thanks

Darroll
This could be because one of the sites has changed something on the lyrics page that has to get parsed to pull lyrics back from. Can you look at the bottom of one of these and see what site might be the culprit and I will take a look when I get a chance. Please also provide an artist and track as an example for me to troubleshoot against.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Meander wrote:I've just discovered that lyrics recently downloaded from Letras.mus.br are leaving artefacts at the end which need editIng out. It may be that it's only affecting me, but I thought I'd better give a heads up on it - just in case. No other sources seem to be affected.

Lyricator v 1.2.1
MediaMonkey v 4.1.4.1709
Windows v 8.1 pro
Please provide an example artist and track for me to troubleshoot, and I will take a look as soon as I can.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

MaximusPrime wrote:Thanks for your effort !
I have finally gotten back to this. I know the version I gave you found more results for you, but I discovered and fixed a few bugs and am about ready to send it out officially. http://www.magistrix.de will take even more work because they use a catalog number in the URL and I don't have a way to look those up right now. There are other useful sites that do this, so I will have to figure out I can do this. Anyway, I will send out a notice when the new version is available with http://www.genius.com as a source.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Re: Lyricator v1.2.2 (2014-10-12)

Post by thehammer »

A new version of Lyricator is now available. Here are the changes:
  • Add: http://www.genius.com as a lyrics source
  • Fix: MetroLyrics wasn't building artist and title and site credits because of site changes
  • Fix: Letras added a double-click ad to bottom of lyrics page which caused junk at the bottom
ImageSpoon!
Meander

Post by Meander »

Please provide an example artist and track for me to troubleshoot, and I will take a look as soon as I can.
Red sun go down way over dirty town
Starlings are sweeping around crazy shoals
A girl is there high heeling across the square
Wind blows around in her hair and the flags upon the poles
Waiting in the crowd to cross at the light
She looks around to find a face she can like
Church bell clinging on trying to get a crowd to Evensong
Nobody cares to depend upon the chime it plays
They're all in the station praying for trains
Congregation late again
It's getting darker all the time these flagpole days
Drunk old soldier he gives her a fright
He's a crazy lion howling for a fight
Strap hanging gunshot sound
Doors slamming on the overground
Starlings are tough but the lions are made of stone
Her evening paper is horror torn
But there's hope later for Capricorns
Her lucky stars give her just enough to get her home
The she's reading about a swing to the right
But she's thinking about a stranger in the night
I'm thinking about the lions tonight
What happend to the lions
<I class=bl><I class=br><I class=tr>

Lyrics provided by: letras.mus.br
Artist: Dire Straits
Track: Lions</I></I></I>

This is exactly as downloaded. The typos can be ignored as a source quality issue. I've highlighted the obvious problem in red.

Thanks.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Meander wrote:
Red sun go down way over dirty town
Starlings are sweeping around crazy shoals
A girl is there high heeling across the square
Wind blows around in her hair and the flags upon the poles
Waiting in the crowd to cross at the light
She looks around to find a face she can like
Church bell clinging on trying to get a crowd to Evensong
Nobody cares to depend upon the chime it plays
They're all in the station praying for trainsy
Congregation late again
It's getting darker all the time these flagpole days
Drunk old soldier he gives her a fright
He's a crazy lion howling for a fight
Strap hanging gunshot sound
Doors slamming on the overground
Starlings are tough but the lions are made of stone
Her evening paper is horror torn
But there's hope later for Capricorns
Her lucky stars give her just enough to get her home
The she's reading about a swing to the right
But she's thinking about a stranger in the night
I'm thinking about the lions tonight
What happend to the lions
<I class=bl><I class=br><I class=tr>

Lyrics provided by: letras.mus.br
Artist: Dire Straits
Track: Lions</I></I></I>

This is exactly as downloaded. The typos can be ignored as a source quality issue. I've highlighted the obvious problem in red.

Thanks.
The latest version that is now available should have this fixed.
ImageSpoon!
quintz

Post by quintz »

Hi there, I just started using lyricator and I love it!

I just have one question, I listen mostly to Metal, Alternative, Alternative Punk and so on. The website www.plyrics.com is a very reliable source for lyrics in this genre.
Is there any chance that I can add this website in Lyricator?

Cheers, Quintz