Sound Boost

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

ryanafleming

Sound Boost

Post by ryanafleming »

Hi Gents,

Similar to VLC player, I was hoping for a sound amplifier through the player, specifically for videos. It seems that by comparison to VLC, the 100% volume in mediamonkey is quite low. Maybe a tick box in the options that allow MM to go higher than 100%.
I know that I could scale my movie volume in general, but i was hoping for a temporary increase in play volume.

Since I watch many of my movies on MM through my PC to a TV, I max out my PC volume and MM volume. By doing so the movie in many cases I can barely hear and must turn up the TV volume. Because of the length of cable I required for plugging in my desktop to my TV, the TV also amplifiers a great deal of noise induced into the line. I generally have to resort VLC to conquer this with its ability to amplifier on the computer end.

Would be great!

Cheers,
Ryan.
Click Here to see how Gullible you are.
Lowlander

Re: Sound Boost

Post by Lowlander »

You can achieve this by raising (and using) the Playback Volume (Tools > Options > Volume Leveling).
ryanafleming

Post by ryanafleming »

I raised it from 89 to 110db. Though no change. I thought these were only used for adjusting the actual level of the track or video. A permanent change. Not for a temporary volume adjustment?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Video (which I missed in OP) doesn't use Level Volume Playback as far as I know. It only works on Audio and for it to work the files need to have been Analyzed and the option to Level Playback Volume needs to be enabled (Play menu).
ryanafleming

Post by ryanafleming »

Add to wishlist then :D
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

You will need to use a plug in dsp to get the sound one volume for everything. I use the older one of wide and dynamic it controls the level by raising and lowering the preamp in windows not mm. So the sound exits from the plug in at the level you sat for it to use. If you can find it or another one doing the same thing you should have the volume working fine then.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
donector

Post by donector »

is this ever going to be tackled by mm team?
i turns mm useless for auto-dj that uses both videos and audio..