Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gpzbc

Re: Backup 5.8 for 64bit Windows

Post by gpzbc »

nickscafe wrote:Hi folks. I've read through the forum several times, and I can see that Trixmoto's script has been adapted by other users for 64bit OS - but I can't find any guidance on how to do it. Could someone offer some help, please? Not smart enough to do it alone..! Thanks.
Can you point me toward these adaptations that you saw? I didn't make any adaptations for my Win7 64 bit OS and it is running fine for me.
--
The gpzbc
dtsig

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by dtsig »

I used it on 64bit Win7 and it works great for me too. Not sure what might need changing
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
trixmoto

Re: MMW or Backkup 5.8?

Post by trixmoto »

dtsig wrote:There are a couple changes to the db that doesn't appear on the message box you popup. For example last night I convert 30 files from AVI to MP4. The MMW changed the path from xxx.avi to xxx.mp4. When Moving files is another time that it doesn't report the number of files changed. Was just wondering if it was Backup missing this or, as i suspect, for some reason just changing the path column MMW doesn't update what ever counter/flag/date etc.
I'll take a look. It might be that MM isn't firing events when it should be, or I need to register a few more events to capture all the changes, or I need to request some new events from the MM devs so that I can register them.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dtsig

Re: MMW or Backkup 5.8?

Post by dtsig »

trixmoto wrote:
dtsig wrote:There are a couple changes to the db that doesn't appear on the message box you popup. For example last night I convert 30 files from AVI to MP4. The MMW changed the path from xxx.avi to xxx.mp4. When Moving files is another time that it doesn't report the number of files changed. Was just wondering if it was Backup missing this or, as i suspect, for some reason just changing the path column MMW doesn't update what ever counter/flag/date etc.
I'll take a look. It might be that MM isn't firing events when it should be, or I need to register a few more events to capture all the changes, or I need to request some new events from the MM devs so that I can register them.
thanks for looking into this. Let me know if you want me to test something
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think I've fixed the known issues now, I'm just working on seeing if I can use DotNetZip for the zip archives instead of XZip.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

YEA on both accounts.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Nice!
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by trixmoto »

New version (6.0) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added count of tracks converted since last backup
- Fixed location of MediaMonkey.ini file not always right
- Fixed 'database is locked' error with BackupPlaylists option
- Uses DotNetZip if available (otherwise XStandard, as before)

I couldn't find an easy way to automatically register the DotNetZip component, especially if the user doesn't have .NET SDK installed. However, if you download and install the DotNetZip installater then the next time you use this script it will use this instead of XZip. The component being used is displayed in the messages so that you can check.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Just tried this and it appears to have worked the very first time on my db file of 824meg .. woooooot

The only thing I noticed .. was that the "update extensions" didn't know it was an update. Meaning, i went to Tools->Extensions->Find Updates and Backup 5.8 didn't know there was an update. I did download from your site and the install appears to have installed over the top and used all settings. Just that little thing.

You will find a christmas present in your stocking .. santa loves you baby
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Great, I'm glad it's worked for you. It seems to be quicker to me as well, but I have a much smaller library, so it's hard to tell.

I think it depends where you usually get my installation package from. If you download it directly from my website, then the installation package will be checking my website for the update (which is working)... http://trixmoto.net/mm/check.php?f=backup

However, if download from the addons site (where I update a copy of the installation package) then this needs to be reviewed first, before their update URL will be updated. I've uploaded version 6.0 there but it's not been reviewed yet.

And thank you very much, really appreciated. :)
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Updated to latest version, getting the following upon attempt to backup:
Script: ...\ABackup2.vbs
Line: 463
Char: 11
Error: An item with the same key has already been added.
Code: 80070057
Source: mscorlib
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It seems to be saying there's a duplicate folder. What is your "other" path?
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

The dotnetzip is a nice addition. Thank you!

Unfortunately, I am getting the same error as Mizery_Made. My "other" path is Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\

EDIT: It seems to generate this error message right when it begins creating the zip archive with DotNetZip.
Last edited by gpzbc on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--
The gpzbc
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Yeah I think it is faster in the backup bits too. Took only 20 sec for my nearly 800meg db. Pretty quick
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think the way it's currently working, you can't have two folders that have the same name. If you've got "Extensions" ticked then this folder is usually called "MediaMonkey" as well, so that's probably the conflict. I'm not sure if I'll be able to fix that easily using the DotNetZip component or not.