Playlist update question

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

simonmason

Playlist update question

Post by simonmason »

I have a series of playlists in Media Monkey that I sync to my iphone. Recently I adjusted the volume on some songs in the playlists - but I don't think the files actually updated in the iphone? When I add or delete songs from the playlists the changes are definitely reflected on the iphone. Should it be updating the songs when I sync? Thanks.
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum
Lowlander

Re: Playlist update question

Post by Lowlander »

Did you manually change the Track Volume in MediaMonkey or did you modify the volume of the file itself outside of MediaMonkey. Please be as detailed as possible and include your MediaMonkey version number.
simonmason

Post by simonmason »

I am using version 4.1.0.1692. I am using the volume leveling option within media monkey. It is difficult to tell if the file is being updated on my iPhone. Anecdotally - the volume on the iPhone for the file in question does not appear to be changing after I have updated it in Media Monkey. Is there a log I can check to see if this file is being copied over to the iPhone? Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do the affected files have Track and/or Album Volume values? Do you use SoundCheck on your device? I'd presume that with both being true that you wouldn't see a change.

My assumption is that to see a change you need to modify the Track Volume value in MediaMonkey (F2 on field in Filelisting) and resync to hear a volume difference on your device.