Iphone5S sync do not start

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

kstubsjo

Iphone5S sync do not start

Post by kstubsjo »

Hei,

Purchased MediaMonkey Gold (MM) during Easter, aiming to download 4K tunes from my Iphone5s (I5S) to my New Nokia Lumia 1020. After installing MM, I connect my I5S to my W8.1 laptop and it works fine. The Music Library on the I5S are visible in MM. However, when pressing the Sync button the syncronation stops after just a few Seconds. No error Message (not that I have seen anyway).

Re-booting the Laptop, disconnect and Connect the I5S. Nothing seems to work. The syncronation stops after a couple of Seconds.

I'd appreciate any tips or help on this.

Thanks,
kstubsjo
Lowlander

Re: Iphone5S sync do not start

Post by Lowlander »

Sync doesn't copy files from Apple device, see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... rticleid=3
mrfart

Post by mrfart »

Lowlander wrote:Sync doesn't copy files from Apple device, see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... rticleid=3
Lowlander wrote:Sync doesn't copy files from Apple device, see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... rticleid=3
I'm confused.
I'm switching from itunes to mediamonkey after itunes lost 4 years of ratings etc... despite backing up their library file.
Anyway my iphone still has a lot of tracks on it that DO have their rating and I would like to recuperate this.
But when I do "c) Click Tools > Advanced Tag Management > Synchronize Tags, so that tags of the selected tracks are updated to match the iPod's DB".
Like it says in your link, MM gives the warning
I get a warning "the labels of the selection will be changed to match the ones in the library." (translated from dutch, might not be exact).
To be clear, I want the track files on my computer to get the ratings from the track files on my phone.
Also, I noticed itunes gave all the files on the phone a new filename. Will mediamonkey be able to find the files on my computer?

Many thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I've never used it, but I believe it will save the tags in the iPhone DB to the files on the iPhone. Then you can copy them to the PC.
mrfart

Post by mrfart »

I just tried to copy a couple tracks as described in the help page. It copies the tracks, but it doesn't copy the rating/score info.
Also tried to copy them manually to a folder on my PC.
And I noticed some of them had a rating, the ones that I gave a rating before I was using itunes.
That info is still in the tags I guess. But everything from itunes is gone.
Any other ideas how I can transfer this data?

Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I guess you could try Tools > Auto-Organize per Rating value and copy the files to a folder of that rating (so all 5 star files copied to a folder called 5 stars). Then once you have the files on the PC select the files in a ratings folder and set the rating accordingly.
mrfart

Post by mrfart »

Lowlander wrote:I guess you could try Tools > Auto-Organize per Rating value and copy the files to a folder of that rating (so all 5 star files copied to a folder called 5 stars). Then once you have the files on the PC select the files in a ratings folder and set the rating accordingly.
Thanks, I did it like this.
It did not save my playlists, but I remade the most important ones. And luckily I keep all my newly bought music in separate folders, and MM let's you browse folders.
So there is some structure I can fall back on.