Android WiFi sync folder location

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

dragancla

Android WiFi sync folder location

Post by dragancla »

Hi,

How do I sync my music folder on my HDD with Android over WiFi?

I currently store music on my Android in /sdcard1/music and apparently when I select External Storage I can't choose which folder to sync to... I tried downloading a few files but after a couple of refreshes I didn't see any of them on my phone. I have almost the same music on my phone and my PC so I was stunned when it didn't detect that I allready have 95% of the files already on my phone and that it wanted to do a full sync.

So, my questions are:

1. How do you change the external storage folder location on Android? I can only select Internal or External storage but none of them allow me to change which folder on External or Internal storage I want to sync to...
2. If changing the location doesn't work, what's the default folder for the sync on Android so I can copy my music folder there?
Lowlander

Re: Android WiFi sync folder location

Post by Lowlander »

In MMW you go to the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync) and send up where files need to be synced.
dragancla

Post by dragancla »

Lowlander wrote:In MMW you go to the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync) and send up where files need to be synced.
So, for example, if the music on my PC that I want to sync is in D:/Music/Phone and music on my phone is in sdcard1/Music, what exactly do I need to do?

So far, I've set up only what folder my PC will sync (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync > Auto-Sync (--->Device)). Can't find which files on the phone to sync and where...

EDIT: I'm guessing it should set up in Auto-Sync (--->Library) but it's always empty. That may only work for USB Sync and not for WiFi Sync?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In the Options tab in the Device Profile there is File Locations where you set where on the device files should be synced to.
dragancla

Post by dragancla »

Lowlander wrote:In the Options tab in the Device Profile there is File Locations where you set where on the device files should be synced to.
Thanks! It worked!