When Songs Count as Played

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

DMLCo

When Songs Count as Played

Post by DMLCo »

This seems to have changed in MM3--a track used to be marked as "played" about 1/3 through, now it seems to have to play the whole thing. Is this an option that can be changed somehow?
This used to show my recently played tracks. Sad to see @lozzd's tool go dark.
MusicBringer

Re: When Songs Count as Played

Post by MusicBringer »

Hello DMLCo, my understanding is that not only has it got to play at least a third, but also has to pass through the end of the track - so I move the seekbar along to the end and it counts Played # 8)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 3 changed to counting plays only after fully playing the song.
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

Lowlander wrote:MediaMonkey 3 changed to counting plays only after fully playing the song.
It would be great if this were added to a feature wish list as a configurable option (consider song as played after x% slider or something like that).
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Its on the wishlist, I'm sure something will come in a future release.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Lowlander wrote:MediaMonkey 3 changed to counting plays only after fully playing the song.
MusicBringer wrote:Hello DMLCo, my understanding is that not only has it got to play at least a third, but also has to pass through the end of the track - so I move the seekbar along to the end and it counts Played # 8)
I am actively using the "Play a Third + Drag to the end of the seekbar" method.
... and it is working for me :P

Post by Guest »

Question: Why can't I change the play count field value, what's the reason? I know there are scripts that allow me to do so, but since there are no complex or mass tagging operations required all the time, it would be just finde to be allowed to change this field as any other field.
:roll:
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Anonymous wrote:Question: Why can't I change the play count field value, what's the reason?... it would be just finde to be allowed to change this field as any other field.
:roll:
Now wouldn't that be a nice to have :D
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

How weird. Searched for a new issue, found a thread I had created years ago. Counting as Played must haunt me ... but the irony seemed too great not to bump.

The issue now is that, on a fresh installation of 4.1.0.1692, it looks like the play count increases as soon as a song starts ... or as soon as you pause and restart ... or something. But certainly *not* 1/3 of the way, plus the end, as it was.

Anyone know how to change this or if this is a bug or a feature?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It needs to be played through now and seems to work like that for me on 4.1.1.1703.