Sync back ratings & play counts (MSC) v1.9.3 2013-12-03

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

zopfan

Re: Sync back ratings & play counts (MSC) v1.9.3 2013-12-03

Post by zopfan »

Done.

Need I remind you of my 'PM sending' thru this thread? Actually, in other pages of thread, I've seen people reminding you, that's why. :)
Aff

Post by Aff »

I get a reminder automatically, so there is no need to post about new PMs here.
ohneland

Post by ohneland »

Maybe I haven't read closely enough...
Does "any USB-device" include Windows Phones and MP3-players as well?
Do I have to do the transfer from Media Monkey to the device already using d_USBMass*.dll or is it ok to set it up in this way when syncing back?
Thanks for your help
ohneland

Win 10
Logitech Media Server on a Synology NAS with diff. players
MM 5, MP3Tag, EAC, Musicbee
Aff

Post by Aff »

Theoretically yes.

There are 3 conditions:
  1. The rating is written as a tag directly to the file by a music app on the phone
  2. The songs were previously auto-synced from MMW to the phone via d_USBMass*.dll
  3. If you additionally want to sync play statistics, there must be an app on the phone that is able to use an XML file (in SRF format)
Is there any Windows Phone app that supports song ratings? If yes, does it write the MP3 tag to the file?

If Windows Phone supported ratings via MTP, you wouldn't need this script. MediaMonkey handles ratings and play statistics via MTP auto-sync natively, if the device (and the music app on the device) supports this.
ohneland

Post by ohneland »

Aff wrote:Is there any Windows Phone app that supports song ratings? If yes, does it write the MP3 tag to the file?
Windows' native app "Xbox music" does not offer this and neither does Nokia MixRadio. For the others, I doubt.
Aff wrote:There are 3 conditions:
  1. The rating is written as a tag directly to the file by a music app on the phone
Xbox Music does not let you rate at all. With Nokia you may only add songs to favorites.
Aff wrote:[*]The songs were previously auto-synced from MMW to the phone via d_USBMass*.dll
I haven't done this so I can forget it anyway.

I don't know about the whole thing. Through MixRadio, Nokia collects the user's Music preferences and listening habits while at the same time you are unable to retrieve it. Ie Nokia has your data but doesn't share it with you.
On the other hand, I think MixRadio is a rather good InternetRadioStation, very personalisable, you can download offline mixes etc... but just like all stuff related to Windows Phone it is very excluding. Either you go with it a 100% or you leave it.
ohneland

Win 10
Logitech Media Server on a Synology NAS with diff. players
MM 5, MP3Tag, EAC, Musicbee