How to stream from the cloud

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

kjaem24

How to stream from the cloud

Post by kjaem24 »

External hard drives have become cumbersome and with a 600 GB collection, I think its time to move my music to a cloud service. My question is if I load all of my music onto Amazon Cloud, can I stream it to media monkey effectively? Seems they want me to use the Amazon cloud player and I am having difficulty figuring out how to use MM to stream. If you guys use the cloud to store your music files, how are you using it with MM and if not, what service are you using?
dtsig

Re: How to stream from the cloud

Post by dtsig »

I believe that the answer to this is no. It has been requested/asked before. A search for CLOUD should bring up the items.

My guess is sometime in the future .. but not now. For myself I am not sure I would move my files (slightly larger than yours) to the cloud. BUT a "cloud" at home like WD MyCloud (up to 12 tb) or Lenovo IX4 Network storage gives you cloud like capabilities but you control your own destiny. I know it is a personal thing .. but just a thought
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Re: How to stream from the cloud

Post by Lowlander »

It would seem it may be possible if the cloud service used can be accessed by the local file system. It is my understanding that some use it like that with dropbox.