Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

That's what I thought. Luckily XP is backward compatible so using "command" should work for everyone!

The new version (2.2) has this fixed, plus it will always use the largest INI file if it finds more than one. It will also be more selective about what it archives (so you can use an output location that is not unique).

Also, rather than adding to the previous archive (which did happen if there was already one there), any previous files are deleted to give a fresh backup.

:o NEW CODE BELOW :o
Last edited by trixmoto on Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
martyrs

Backup 2.2

Post by martyrs »

Hi Trix

This version works perfectly!!!

Well done, keep up the good work

martyrs
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@martyrs: I think you were too quick and grabbed the code which I accidently pasted too soon. It still has a small bug, so please can you copy the code again to ensure you have the correct version. Glad you like it! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
martyrs

Backup 2.2

Post by martyrs »

trixmoto wrote:@martyrs: I think you were too quick and grabbed the code which I accidently pasted too soon. It still has a small bug, so please can you copy the code again to ensure you have the correct version. Glad you like it! :)
Done

javascript:emoticon(':D')

martyrs
judas

Post by judas »

mmmm...still no luck here...welll....when i backup to a zip file i get an error that says:

Error #5 Error of Microsoft VBScript in execution time
Invalid argument or procedure call
File \Backup.vbs; Line 272, Column 8

Allthought im getting that error, i look for the zip file and it has been created and aparently everytghing seems to be ok..and im not getting the error when backing up to a folder.

any ideas???

judas
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I am getting the error:

"Error #429 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
ActiveX Component can't create object: 'XStandard.Zip'
File: "J:\program files\mediamonkey\scripts\backup.vbs", Line 260, Column 8"
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@judas: The problem is with cleaning up after itself. It tries to delete the files it's moved to the output location. Shouldn't be a problem for you, but I'll try to get it fixed soon so it cleans up properly.

@Teknojnky: For some reason either the zip component hasn't installed (you can do this manually by typing the following command in your Run command: regsvr32 %windir%\XZip.dll) or your security settings are not allowing the script to communicate with it.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.3) does a much better job of cleaning up after itself. And doesn't delete any files/folders it hasn't created. It also includes the restoration script in the archive (as it should!)

:o New version below! :o

N.B. Don't forget to have XZip.dll in the Scripts folder if you are running this for the first time!
Last edited by trixmoto on Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Excellent and impressive job.

I love it
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Cheers! :)

It just occurred to me that I should mention I got XZip.dll from http://xstandard.com/ where there is full documentation with examples, should anyone else wish to include such functionality in there scripts.
judas

Post by judas »

Beautiful. And as someone noted: impressive!!!

thanx trix.
tarasis

Post by tarasis »

trixmoto wrote::o IMPORTANT: You need to download this file (XZip.dll) and put it in the Scripts folder if you want zip functionality. The script will register it and everything for you. :o
Hmm problem trying to get XZIP.dll, I simply right clicked on the link to download and put it in my scripts folder. When I ran MM and tried to use the script it failed to register the dll. Looking at it, it turned out that it was actually a HTML file.

So I followed the link instead and the page said the following:
Sun Feb 26 2006 12:40:39 pm PST

The page you have requested, www.dork.com/trix/files/XZip.dll , is missing or has been removed.

If this was your website and you did not pay your $5 fee before Oct 31st 2003, then please check this link for more details.
Rob
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

That's because Trixmoto moved to a new website ( http://www.trixmoto.net ).

If you don't want to wait until he fixes that broken link, you can get the zip component XZip.dll from http://www.xstandard.com/download.asp?product=zip

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
tarasis

Post by tarasis »

Steegy wrote:That's because Trixmoto moved to a new website ( http://www.trixmoto.net ).

If you don't want to wait until he fixes that broken link, you can get the zip component XZip.dll from http://www.xstandard.com/download.asp?product=zip

Cheers
Steegy
Thanks, I think I'll wait Steegy. Regardless of what they say I'd prefer to not give my email address away.
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

tarasis wrote: Regardless of what they say I'd prefer to not give my email address away.
So get some throw-away address's from hotmail, yahoo or gmail. Use them once or twice and then never use them again... I've been doing that for 6+ years..