Album art: using something other than Folder.jpg?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

sogarth

Album art: using something other than Folder.jpg?

Post by sogarth »

Hi there,

I have a fair number of albums that have non-square album art, and so that Windows Media Center will display them "properly," I've letterboxed the Folder.jpg versions of the album art. However, I'd like MediaMonkey to use the original versions of those files. Is there a way to have MediaMonkey select something other than Folder.jpg as the cover (i.e. is there a way to force something to take precedence over that filename)? I've tried a couple of other filenames (<Album>.jpg, <Album>.thm, tweaking "First image per Album/Series in Options → Library → Tags & Playlists), followed by clearing the Artwork entries for the album, followed by reimporting the directory (to have MediaMonkey reindex album art), but nothing I've tried so far works. I'd really like not to have to edit every single album by hand (currently 854 and counting). :cry:

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Album art: using something other than Folder.jpg?

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying that you want to choose which image is first in MediaMonkey? I don't know if it will work, but you could try Cover, Front or even Cover Front. I presume for testing you'll need to remove the Album from the Library and rescan (I don't know if it updates image order for existing images already associated with the Album).
sogarth

Re: Album art: using something other than Folder.jpg?

Post by sogarth »

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they work (i.e. Folder.jpg has priority over, say, Cover.jpg, when re-scanning the album in after removing it). :(