Last.fm Scrobbler help

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

drughetto

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler help

Post by drughetto »

FE2375gt wrote:I did what "drughetto" did, and that at least allows me to scrobble. It would be nice to have a proper plug-in though. :)
does last.fm display media monkey as player?

i mean if you use foobar ,or winamp or itunes there is for example " Scrobbling from foobar2000"

i would love to have "Scrobbling from MediaMonkey"
that's would be cool
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

drughetto wrote:i would love to have "Scrobbling from MediaMonkey"
Does that: http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... scrobbler/
mcow

Re: Unicode support for cache mode - Last.fm Scrobbler

Post by mcow »

at_oussama wrote:every time the pc isn't connected to internet, or entering cache mode (yellow button), the scrobbler stores the metadata of the song as ???????? ???? - ???? ???????? and hence that, last.fm servers thinks its a bad request and don't scrobble it.
I saw a similar thing tonight testing the MM Android app scrobbler: I had WiFi turned off and played three songs. The third song's artist was Conjunto Céspedes. When I turned the Wi-Fi back on, the first two tracks scrobbled, and the third did not.
robuck86

Post by robuck86 »

Hi, I have a question regarding the Last.fm addon. When is a played track actually logged on Last.fm? Does it have to be played for a certain amount of time to count, or does the song have to finish completely without being skipped? I've noticed that tracks aren't being logged if I skip to a new song before it finishes playing, even if I listen to minutes of it before skipping. Is this normal?

They always show up as "Listening now", just not in the Recently listened.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You have to listen to the whole song.
at_oussama

Thats so Strange [Last.fm Scrobbler]

Post by at_oussama »

Since I'm struggling to see a new updated version of Last.fm Scrobbler, I tried to figure ou why it's making unicode songs not correctly scrobbled..
So, I looked into the Application Data, and the nthe log file, and opened the cache file file, and guess what: the file was written in ANSI, this char-table isn't unicode, and can't even keep one single letter as readable as it was.

I tried to modify the encoding to UTF-8 and then Unicode, used Notepad and Notepad++ but still when the scrobbler want to upload the songs to the last.fm, it changes the encoding again and get it back to ANSI.

I huess, one year ago, i posted the problem but someone said it was a server problem, but i don't think so since ven other MM scrobbler can scrobble unicode, So please be sure to check out the problem and send feedback to the developer.
Last edited by Lowlander on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
jomtones

Post by jomtones »

Just installed this in MM 4 but I get no 'last FM service' in options or scrobbling. gen_LastFMScrobbler.dll appears in 'plugins' folder and general plugins in MM, but can't configure..

Any idea how I can troubleshoot?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

jomtones wrote:Just installed this in MM 4 but I get no 'last FM service' in options or scrobbling. gen_LastFMScrobbler.dll appears in 'plugins' folder and general plugins in MM, but can't configure..

Any idea how I can troubleshoot?
How did you install it? Did you restart MM after the installation?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
jomtones

Post by jomtones »

Installed by double-clicking installer. Yep, tried restarting both MM and last.FM scrobbler. :cry:
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

jomtones wrote:Installed by double-clicking installer. Yep, tried restarting both MM and last.FM scrobbler. :cry:
What do you mean restarting last.fm scrobbler? You installed the last.fm addon from teh MM addons page, right?

jomtones

Post by jomtones »

Yeah that's right. Got the last.fm scrobbler thing installed too from their site - Should I uninstall it?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

jomtones wrote:Yeah that's right. Got the last.fm scrobbler thing installed too from their site - Should I uninstall it?
No you don't use the scrobbler from last.fm. Just the MediaMonkey addon at:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... scrobbler/

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which you then need to configure with at least your account under Tools > Options > Last.fm service.
jomtones

Post by jomtones »

That's what I'm missing .. I get no 'last fm service' in the options! Though the plugin shows up in 'general plugins'
Peke

Post by Peke »

Let me make things more clear.
- There is communication with MMW and Last.Fm devs
- MMW is propitiatory Software
- Each Plugin that is distributed/listed with Last.fm software needs to be supplied in sources to Last.fm and only then they will add it to list.
- If no sources are supplied than Developers of software needs to manage plugin functionality.
- Official MMW Plugin uses 1.2.1 API instead of 2.0 due the some licensing issues.
- We do not have insights on Server part Logs which can show us why there is some occasional issues in Scrobbling

Noting this, we can only do fixes based on user debugs and only known issue is that plugin do not work well in Portable mode.

Tools > Options > Last.fm service can't be missing if plugin is correctly installed, existence of plugin in General plugins means that plugin is not uninstalled correctly and needs to be manually deleted.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts