Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

chrisjj

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix docs

Post by chrisjj »

chrisjj wrote:Are there some fuller docs somewhere? To example e.g. what "smart contains" does.
Please?
Chris
Bex

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.1 (2012-11-10)

Post by Bex »

No, but you can search this thread for answers. Doing so I found this:

Smart contains only searches for the "full word", e.g.
Contains: Abba finds Abba, Black Sabbath
Smart contains: Abba finds only Abba

In version 3.8.1. "Smart Contains" is renamed to "Contains Full Word"
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Bex wrote:What you could do is to create one playlist of all other playlists and use that one in the script.
Note: Last time I tried that, it failed upon two playlists having the same name,.
Chris
Bex

Post by Bex »

Then I guess you did it incorrectly...
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
jgt1942

Re: help with Custom Duplicate Search

Post by jgt1942 »

villageac wrote:I am a newbie, and although I'm a pretty good amateur techie, I have to confess I flounder a lot with MM (user for <1 week). I am slowly getting the hang of it but I'm stumped on this issue.
I ran a custom duplicate search for artist, title, album and extension - I have a bunch of files in both .MP3 and .WMA and I want to delete the .WMA files. I ran the search and in the left pane there are a bunch of files. I want to get all those files into the main pane on the right, sort them by extension, and then do a mass delete of the .WMA files. I can not figure out how to get all the files in the left pane (under Custom Duplicate Search) into the main pane to do this. I can only get one set of duplicates to appear in the main pane at once.
If you are still looking for an easy solution use Everything (see http://www.voidtools.com/) to find the .WMA files and then just delete them.

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I just upgraded MM. I cannot see anything related to Dup/find/replace. This includes Options/media options/tree/etc. the extension is in the extension list (I have used it before but it has been a while). I tried removing the error and it wasn't able to create a "trash" folder so the uninstall failed. I tried again with "run as admin" - failed. I tried updating the extension...success... but still no options available. I am on Win 7/64. I did try searching this topic but couldn't find anything. I think it is too big now. Thank you in advance.

Barbara
Bex

Post by Bex »

You are welcome in advance.

What version is installed? (see the extensions list)

All My Scripts
tommy75

Post by tommy75 »

Thank you so much for this fantastic script. It has removed all of my dupes and transfered the play count nicely!

/Tommy
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!

All My Scripts
davidja

Post by davidja »

Hi, I apologise if this query is so simple it hasnt been covered. I have a large database with over 7k duplicates. I'd simply like to delete all those with the lower bitrate, they're all pretty much the same format so it should be simple...
Any help appreciated.
THRobinson

Post by THRobinson »

I just installed this onto 4.06.1501 and can't seem to figure out where it is. Clicking all over and not finding it. :S
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

It's in the tree, under the "Files To Edit" node.
THRobinson

Post by THRobinson »

Thanks... not sure how I missed it... but I did. :D

Great script(s)... My library is pretty clean, but had a few stragglers of singles that were also in compilation albums. Being able to search by title/artist was good, even better was being able to tell it to only show songs that were no more/less than 3sec in length different which made it so much easier to narrow down the search to exact versions.
b0scho02

Post by b0scho02 »

Running MM 4.0.7.1511 and advanced dupl find and fix 3.8.1 148

Thanks to years of letting itunes misfile my music and thinking it lost forever, I have managed to have 21111 duplicates. I don't see a way to accept all the delete suggestions at once. It will take significant manhours to do each manually. Please tell me I'm missing a 'delete all accepted suggestions' tab!
Alvaro Mera

Duplicates

Post by Alvaro Mera »

My definition of Duplicates is: Title + Singer + Group.

Any other combination of Title + other singer + Group, or Title + Singer + other group is not a Duplicate for me. I have been marking them visually, and was trying to find some help on this issue when I found out that Trixmoto had a script for Duplicates that may help me and downloaded it, but I am unable to install it.

I moved the downloaded file to the MM folder. After I double click the script name, I get the initial window with the box "Install for the current user only", already marked and greyed. After clicking on the Install Now button, I get the error message: "DuplicateReport was not installed", but no reason or other options. I am using MM 4.07.1511 on Win 7.

Tried his JustListAlbums21 and Backup58 scripts with the same results. I have been using his CustomReport30 with no problems.

Any suggestion on what to do to install the script, or how to detect my duplicates would be welcome.

Thanks
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed May 22, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic