Sync back ratings & play counts (MSC) v1.9.3 2013-12-03

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

LePetitPunk

Re: Sync back ratings & play counts (MSC) v1.9.2 2013-03-12

Post by LePetitPunk »

Yes, I've followed your instructions to the letter, and multiple times... As I said, the ratings ARE syncing, just not the playcount. So something is working. I'll had more questions or ideas, maybe it will help you diagnose the problem.

Does it matters how I import the music on my phone? I use to go strait in the library, right clic and send to my device or do I HAVE to use the syncing feature of MM. I've tried both, and both were giving the same results, however I've could have done better the auto-sync feature (I'll try it tomorrow).

My phone is in french, could it cause trouble?

When I've set up the d_USBMass*.dll instead of d_WMDM.dll, I didn't write a drive label because I don't know what it is. In MM, it just writes "New Device (H:)". Could it be a problem?

Thanks again for your help, I'm actually obsessed with play count, I've been working on finding ways to manage them for years now and I have a feeling it might be it with your code.
LePetitPunk

Post by LePetitPunk »

As a follow up, I retried the whole process you describe under "android devices" after having changed my phone from French to English and using only the syncing feature of MM to transfer my music. I still get the same problem, only the ratings are being sync. The playcount, skip count and last played are not being updated. There's either something I'm not getting or some kind of problem with my (old and crappy) phone...
Aff

Post by Aff »

Please activate the debug log in options.
If you register at this forum you can send me a PM with it or I can send you a PM with my e-mail address.
Otherwise you can post it here. Please use the "Code" tags around the text from the log.
LePetitPunk

Post by LePetitPunk »

Did it! Yes baby! So to the question
LePetitPunk wrote: There's either something I'm not getting or some kind of problem with my (old and crappy) phone...
, the answer was... The seat! (me...) So, I was setting up everything up properly, however I didn't realized until now that the xml file in the phone wasn't automatically updated by PlayerPro. So after my listening period, I had to go to settings again and export my database into songbird again. It doesn't explained why the the ratings were being sync and not the playcount (I would have expect none of them to sync if I didn't export the library to songbird), but it's working and that's what matters to me. I'll just have to export the library on my phone EVERYTIME I want to sync, which I didn't expect. But still way better than doing it by hand! Thanks a lot for your help, you may think you didn't do much, but you ask me the right questions and make me think the right way!
ryanafleming

Post by ryanafleming »

Does anyone know whether this would work if I was to sync all my music to an external HDD and played it all on another PC with MM then synced it back with this script?
Click Here to see how Gullible you are.
DocMAX

Post by DocMAX »

What does this mean? How can i fix all songs?

ACardAttack

Post by ACardAttack »

I'm having problems syncing back ratings, I get this error message
"sync back ratings: no statistics file found \playerpro\stats\exported_*_songbird.xml on drive(s)
F:

Please export statistics from Android PlayerPro in songbird format: Settings, Music library, export music stats, songbird"

Now does my app need to be on the same storage device as my music? My music is on my external SD and my app is on my phone's storage. I'm looking in ways to move the app. (I'm on galaxy S4 by the way)

I copied the folder in question to the external SD card and it worked that way, but I don't want to have to do that every time, is there a work around? Is there a way to direct PlayerPro to export the ratings to the sd card?
Aff

Post by Aff »

DocMAX wrote:What does this mean? How can i fix all songs?]
According to your screenshot you are using the XML version. This thread is about the MSC version. Please find the annswer at Sync stats for Android PlayerPro XML (MTP) and post there.
Aff

Post by Aff »

ACardAttack wrote:I'm having problems syncing back ratings, I get this error message
"sync back ratings: no statistics file found \playerpro\stats\exported_*_songbird.xml on drive(s)
F:

Please export statistics from Android PlayerPro in songbird format: Settings, Music library, export music stats, songbird"

Now does my app need to be on the same storage device as my music? My music is on my external SD and my app is on my phone's storage. I'm looking in ways to move the app. (I'm on galaxy S4 by the way)

I copied the folder in question to the external SD card and it worked that way, but I don't want to have to do that every time, is there a work around? Is there a way to direct PlayerPro to export the ratings to the sd card?
Normally it goes to the internal SD card. It is possible to move apps to the external SD card, but it may require root access. There is e.g. AppMgr III (App 2 SD). But I don't know if that really changes the export location. You may google for this or post your question/wish at the Player Pro Forum.
GalaxyAceS5830

Post by GalaxyAceS5830 »

I get this error when I try to sync back ratings..
I use the newest version of MediaMonkey, I setup the setting for my Galaxy Ace S5830, i can send the songs from pc to phone.

Aff

Re: Sync back ratings & play counts (MSC) v1.9.3 2013-12-03

Post by Aff »

There is a new version, please either wait until you can update it semi-automatically from Addons (recommended) or install it right now from the link in the first post.

The error comes from a song in the sync list that is missing in MM. Normally this shouldn't happen. If you delete a song in MM, it should be deleted from the sync list as well. After the update you will see what the track is. If you'd like to know more about it, you can enable the log and we may have a look at the sync table via SQL.
zopfan

Post by zopfan »

Sir, IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME (OVER TEAM VIEWER OF AMMY ETC) SYNC MY PLAYERPRO'S RATINGS BACK INTO MM EASILY, I CAN EVEN PAY THEM REASONABLE FOR THEIR TIME.

I've been studying to get my xperia Z (supports MTP and Mass Storage mode)'s Playerpro's ratings back to MM. But haven't succeeded. I've read so many threads on this forum/google that now I've started being thrown to same threads again and again.

Sir, I'm trying to tread on exactly same path as told in these two threads: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 15#p317079 and viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59888&start=15#p317079

But alas I'm confronting these same errors again and again (screen shots attached).
I'm using MM 4.0.7.1511 on Win7 Ultimate Sp1 64bit on a vaio laptop.

2. Also pls tell, if I take the micro chip outside of the mobile (after changing the rating with Playerpro) and insert it into the laptop directly (as a pen drive), can the new rating be synched with MM anyhow?

3. And last, if I sync a song from MM into a pen-drive and then change a song's rating in Windows explorer or by Winamp 5.7, can that rating be re-imported/synched back into MM automatically?

[img]
https://plus.google.com/112373546218614 ... bgGzPckYcD
[/img]
Aff

Post by Aff »

1. Did you start an Auto-Sync on "New Device" before trying to sync back?
    Please enable "Write debug log file" in options and try again. Afterwards send me a PM with the content of the file.
  2. Yes, with this script
  3. Yes, with this script
zopfan

Post by zopfan »

Sent you a PM. Thanks.