1511 - GUI in Options does not update correctly

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Morgenstern72

1511 - GUI in Options does not update correctly

Post by Morgenstern72 »

When I go through the settings on options, the GUI does not update correctly. Settings get overlayed or not displayed a all. See picture

This happens on my home PC with Gold version and with the free version on my working PC.
Peke

Re: 1511 - GUI in Options does not update correctly

Post by Peke »

I'm unable to replicate, What MMW version you use and what is your screen res, windows version?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Morgenstern72

Post by Morgenstern72 »

Home & Work:
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Work:
1600x1050
MM 4.0.6.1501
Today I cannot replicate this at work.

Home:
1280x1024
MM 4.0.6.1511 Gold
I can replicate this any time at home. Screenshot was from this version yesterday.
Phhere

Post by Phhere »

I have got the same Problems with Windows 7 Pro 64bit
When i run MediaMonkey as Admin it works without these Problems
Morgenstern72

Post by Morgenstern72 »

Phhere wrote:I have got the same Problems with Windows 7 Pro 64bit
When i run MediaMonkey as Admin it works without these Problems
Tried it with "run as administrator" and "run as admin" in the compatibility mode, it does not solve the problem :(
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I believe it's a bug from latest NVIDIA video card drivers. I believe if you run MM in XP compatibility mode it will resolve the problem.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Morgenstern72

Post by Morgenstern72 »

nohitter151 wrote:I believe it's a bug from latest NVIDIA video card drivers. I believe if you run MM in XP compatibility mode it will resolve the problem.
Does not help, sorry.

But it reduces it to "Party Mode". Any other menu is working. This is for sure no driver bug since "Party Mode" has a good chance to do nothing when pressed or to mix up with anything else.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Morgenstern72 wrote: But it reduces it to "Party Mode". Any other menu is working. This is for sure no driver bug since "Party Mode" has a good chance to do nothing when pressed or to mix up with anything else.
I don't understand what you mean here.

Can't you confirm that you have an NVIDIA graphics card? Because all my PCs have an AMD graphics card and I have not seen the issue. All other reports of the problem reported that they had NVIDIA graphics cards.

Morgenstern72

Post by Morgenstern72 »

nohitter151 wrote:
Morgenstern72 wrote: Can't you confirm that you have an NVIDIA graphics card? Because all my PCs have an AMD graphics card and I have not seen the issue. All other reports of the problem reported that they had NVIDIA graphics cards.
@Home: NVidia GTX560Ti
@Work: AMD Radeon HD 6350
Both have exact the same problem.

Party Mode: when I select this menu, all other get corrupt. But this was just a coincidence. I tried it several times with other menus, and some just corrupt most others. But not all. Like in "Library", the menu "Media Tree" seem to never corrupt anything.

See pictures:
http://i.tinyuploads.com/WfN9gI.png - corrupt
http://i.tinyuploads.com/fNepu6.png - corrupt
http://i.tinyuploads.com/E6jZau.png - resets any corruption, every time
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Morgenstern72 wrote:
Work:
1600x1050
MM 4.0.6.1501
Today I cannot replicate this at work.
Here it says you don't have the problem at work. Which has an AMD graphics card.

I'm pretty convinced...

Also you're using an MM3 skin for MM4, not sure if that's part of the problem.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

its a redraw issue with the skin.
i've had that issue before and it was corrected by an update of mm3.x on win xp pro sp3. your the first one i seen post this on the newer versions.
but look in the forum for transparent menus or transparent sections in options. there were several threads dealing with this back when i got it. i remember peke
being one to reply in the threads i think petrcbr did and maybe lowlander did too not sure if jiri did. but they were in the artwork forum i believe.?

you might find the answer in one of those old posts.? :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
travelgirl

Post by travelgirl »

excuse me if i'm in the wrong thread, but i'm having an issue that sounds similar, except it occurs in File Property:

right-click on audio file to display File Property.
skin (blue glass) does not display File Property correctly:
-- moving from tab to tab, the first (default) tab continues to display
-- occasionally, both tabs' fields display concurrently, but the fields for only one tab (the right one) are selectable for editing
-- upgrading from 4.06 to 4.07 did not fix the issue. to the best of my knowledge, neither 4.04 nor 4.05 had the problem
-- video driver (9.18.13.1106, dated 2013.0118) is several months old, video card (nvidia geforce gt 520) has not changed in the last year or so
-- issue does NOT appear anywhere in OPTIONS menu
-- changed skin from blue glass to glided, same problem
-- changed skin from glided to pulse, problem went away
-- changed skin BACK to blue glass, problem re-appeared

screenshot

very bizarre. something within SOME of the skins appears to affect redraw as done by MM4... ideas for fixing will be welcomed :)

thanks!
00 caren
travelgirl

Post by travelgirl »

FYI -- changing compat mode for MM to xp sp3 does not make the problem go away, but it DOES change which screens will absolutely display the problem -- i can now get three file property tabs at once (basic, details, classification) without trying hard...
imagehopper

Post by imagehopper »

Blueglass skin looks to be old and discontinued.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Some have updated it for mm3 and possible mm 4 but your right it was dropped at one time, its just got lots of left over code jitters, blueglass skin needs complete re worked for mm4 but hasn't yet got it that i know of..
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.