permanently fix MM to the taskbar symbol close to systray

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

lobengular

permanently fix MM to the taskbar symbol close to systray

Post by lobengular »

Hi!
When I minimise MM to the symbol area of the taskbar, it happens alright but each time I restart the computer, I have to redo the same process. It comes down to the right side of the taskbar close to the system tray. I like that as I can just click on forward or rewind. But then how do I fix this there permanently so that when the computer starts, it is permantly there and loads with it there?

Your help and support is always appreciated.
Cheers!
rovingcowboy

Re: permanently fix MM to the taskbar symbol close to systra

Post by rovingcowboy »

You could use micro player and close mm with micro player in use, mm is to restart with same player that was used when closed. If they changed that i dont know. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
lobengular

Post by lobengular »

I have the same problem, pleas ehlp to solve that!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

What i said was not a program error, it was a feature,

1. Open / start mediamonkey.
2. Go to options make sure the setting for close to tray is on.
3. Close options, right click on windows taskbar then on the context menu click on toolbars, then make sure you have mediamonkey toolbar checked for being turned on.
4. Now you can close mediamonkey and it will stay in the system tray, you then have to exit mediamonkey by right clicking the icon in the system tray.
5. #4 wont keep mediamonkey restarting in system tray you will always have to do the close of it for it to be in the tray.
6. Use minimize button to change the player to micro player.
7. Now mediamonkey should be closed by the right click of the tray icon, and mediamonkey should open in the micro player mode, depending on skin you use for mediamonkey the micro player can be small or large one, all mine are small.
8. If the micro player is too big for you're wants, then you could right click the task bar and get the context menu up, click on toolbars and uncheck mediamonkey toolbar. This will not show the microplayer but should still allow mediamonkey to play with icon in the tray,

9. So doing all that should make mediamonkey restart as the icon in the tray, unless they changed mediamonkey to remove the feature of remembering how it was configured when it was exited.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.