Custom Report 3.2 - Updated 29/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rrfpacker

Re: Custom Report 2.9 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by rrfpacker »

I have a playlist, created from Magic Nodes, that shows albums with a weighted average of 3 stars or better. See below.

<Group|Name:Album Ratings|Show tracks:No>\Albums with weighted avg. track rating >= 3 stars and at least 5 rated tracks|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum In (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE Rating >= 0 GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Sum(SongLength * Rating) / Sum(SongLength) >= 60 AND Count(Rating) >= 5)|Child of:Playlists|Position:Child\<Album|Sort by:Avg(Rating)|Statistic:Count(All)>

Is there a way to run a report that would then list these albums and their associated weighted rating? I don't even know where this information is stored (I'm going to guess in the database) and I have no idea how to retrieve it.

I think it would be cool to see the actual numerical rating for the albums in this playlist. Is it possible?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't think the average weighting would be stored anywhere, it's just calculated on the fly.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Was something broken with the latest update? I went from getting CSVs like:

Code: Select all

"SongID","Rating","Custom1","Grouping","Artist","Title"
to ones that look like this:

Â"SongIDÂ",Â"RatingÂ",Â"Custom1Â",Â"GroupingÂ",Â"ArtistÂ",Â"TitleÂ"
Haven't changed any settings or anything.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I only added some additional fields, I didn't change anything else. And I've tried creating a .csv file on my machine and it works fine, both with and without the "support unicode" checkbox ticked.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Hm, looks like it may have been a settings/conversion issue. Such as maybe during the 4x upgrade (not sure I've ran it since). Went to "change delimiter" options and it had those extra characters there for some reason.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Hmm, that's odd. At least it's easily resolved though :)
Alvaro Mera

Post by Alvaro Mera »

I have a main collection from which I selected the songs for two groups and set up separate collections for each one. I used CR 27 and CR 28 while using MM 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 with no problem.

A couple of months ago I upgraded to 4.0.6 and was able to work with CR 28, however after installing CR 29 and trying to run it to update the xmlx files I had prepared for the two groups, I got the message:

“ Error #9 – Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Subscript out of range: ‘[number 3]’
File: “C\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\MediaMonkey\Scripts\CustomReport.vbs”,
Line: 232, Column 4”

After clicking the OK box, I get:

“Error happened during script execution:
Subscript out of range: ‘[number 3]’”

All this process and the same messages are repeated now with the three collections, regardless of whether I use CR 27, 28 or 29 with either MM 4.0.2 or 4.0.6. Wanted to go try MM 4.0.3 but found out that the installer program I had saved was corrupt and could not find a way to download it from MM. I have rebooted several times as well.

I know nothing about scripting, so any suggestions would be very welcome.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Have you made use of the new fields that I added in version 2.9? This is the only code that changed in the script in the last version.

In version 2.9, line 232 is...

Edit3.Common.ControlName = "Format"&i
...so I don't see how it could through that error.
Alvaro Mera

Post by Alvaro Mera »

trixmoto wrote:Have you made use of the new fields that I added in version 2.9? This is the only code that changed in the script in the last version.

In version 2.9, line 232 is...

Edit3.Common.ControlName = "Format"&i
...so I don't see how it could through that error.
I thank you very much for your prompt reply, Trixmoto.

No, I don't have access to the window to select the fields, since the script stops before that.

However over the week-end I was successful in loading MM 4.0.6 and CR29 in my second laptop and was able to produce the report. So, I conclude that it's not the script but my first laptop. I am going to reinstall MM and CR29 on it to see if I can overcome that glitch.

Once again, thanks for helping us out for so long.
robinsiebler

Export an alphabatized artist album list

Post by robinsiebler »

I want a list of all of my albums, by artist, sorted alphabetically. I tried to do this using the Custom Report option, adding those 2 fields only. Sadly, it did not work. Not only was the resulting list not alphabetized, but it was chock full of duplicate entries. One for every song in the list, in fact.

This seems like an extremely straight forward task to me, so I am hoping this is a case of User Error.

Please enlighten me!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script is for reporting tracks, not albums. You should try my Just List Albums script. It lists all the albums of the selected tracks, so you'll need to go to a node with all your tracks in and sort by album first.

Post by Guest »

Thank you for correcting my mistake! :)
styles1040

Post by styles1040 »

This is a very useful extension but there is a little problem which is (hopefully) easy to resolve.

When using custom report and selecting HTML as file format, pressing "save" only gives the option of then saving a .dat file. Conversely, when pressing "Load", this allows one to see the HTML report table which can, of course, then be saved. Is there some way of making it possible to save directly to HTML file format without having first to load and display as a workaround?

System information:
Media Monkey 3.2.5.1306
Windows Vista 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Custom Report version 2.9

Many thanks,

Paul
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Save & Load will save and load the "settings" respectively. "Okay" runs the report.
styles1040

Post by styles1040 »

Mizery_Made wrote:Save & Load will save and load the "settings" respectively. "Okay" runs the report.
Many thanks for that useful input. I understand now that the "save" and "load" refer to the settings. My question was more whether it was possible simply to export the HTML report WITHOUT having first to display it by clicking "Ok". At present, it only seems to be possible to save the custom report in HTML form after you first display it.