About MediaMonkey for Android

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

About MediaMonkey for Android

Post by rusty »

MediaMonkey for Android is the latest addition to the MediaMonkey family. It's an advanced media player for Android that strives to ease the process of navigating large music collections on portable devices. Key features in the initial release include:
  • Content Navigation for Music, Audiobooks, Podcasts, Video, ...
    Navigation by various subcategories (e.g. by Artist, Album, Composer, Genre, Playlist
    Playback (relies on native Android codecs). Supports replay gain, bookmarks, quickshuffle.
    UPnP/DLNA client with download manager
    Contextual functions for single/multiple files (e.g. play, queue, playlist management, delete, use as ringtone, share, edit)
    Playlist management with hierarchy
    Now Playing views: Individual (swipeable UI for in-car use) / Tracklist
    Wireless sync with MediaMonkey for Windows
Please comment if there are other features that you particularly enjoy and think others might want to know about.

-Rusty
rovingcowboy

Re: About MediaMonkey for Android

Post by rovingcowboy »

Great looking color choice i dont even mind the slim typical buttons on android nice job :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Buruan

Post by Buruan »

Thanks guys.

Downloaded.
Installed on Samsung GS 3.

Got the 4.1 desktop build and am now synchronizing my library (10k songs).

Lets see what happens.

First impressions :
--Nice Colour scheme.
--Good Layout.
--There seems to be no notofication on MM Desktop that a device is connected and synching.
duramas

Post by duramas »

Wow this looks fantastic!

Does it support play count sync?

And where do I specify what gets synced over, it seems to be syncing my entire library. Its fine if its just like that until a later release =)
rusty

Post by rusty »

Duramas,

Yes MMA will sync play counts with MMW.

To select which tracks to sync:

Click Options > Select Sync Server (choose your server) > Auto-sync to this device

From there you'll be able to choose which tracks to sync.

-Rusty
Peke

Post by Peke »

@Buruan
Notifications about sync Progress is added in http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10042 so planned
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
duramas

Post by duramas »

Ah it was giving me folder is empty message when clicking on Music, but I was still able to check Music and start syncing the entire library.

I fixed it messing with a few things I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Edit: Err that's the message it gives when you have Music checked, when its unchecked you can browse normally.
Noruen

Post by Noruen »

This is AWESOME!!! Finally I can use my favorite media player/library on my phone.

But I have some suggestion:
I don't like, when in library, multiple interprets are listed as "one". For example - I have a song interpredted by Above & Beyond and Andy Moore. In library the song is under "Above & Beyond" also under "Above & Beyond/AndyMoore", but "Andy Moore" cathegory do not exist. Is it somehow hard for mobile devices to sort songs to multiple cathegories? In "composer" it works fine.

BTW - evertyhing works fine for me, thank you a lot!
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

rusty wrote:Duramas,

Yes MMA will sync play counts with MMW.
Probably a question I would answer for myself by installing and testing (which I'm about to undertake installing the two new beta products shortly), but... does it only sync playcounts, or will it support playhistory? This is something that annoyed me when I was still using my iPod Nano, that it would increase counts but there was no history of it like MMW has.
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

good to see that MM is going to be on android!
the idea of the wireless sync is really good! also the designs is simple but awesome.

i have a few things for future realses though (i know it's still under development):
1. the yellowish colour is fine with me but i guess not every user will like it --> make it user defineable
2. lastfm scrobbling. but instead of scrobbling it in real time it should be written in a log file --> MM (windows) will read the log file and scrobbles it (functions well with a rockbox device already)
3. equilizer?
4. showing the album arts at the artist/album/song list should be also user defineable

these were my main points which came to my mind.
keep up the good and hard work.

one last question: will mm for android remain a free application or is also a "gold version" planned?
purplegreendave

Post by purplegreendave »

I'm liking it so far. Sync isn't working for me but I'll live with Drag'n'Drop - that could be my device's problem.
One thing I'd like to see would be a blue scheme rather than the yellow, it'd fit with ICS/JB a lot nicer. I'm a huge fan of the new Holo app guidelines.

The thing I'd like to see the most though, is Artists changing to Artist & Album Artist.
It's the feature that really makes MMW for me - I have a lot of compilation albums, whether they be "Best X Driving Songs" type albums or sound tracks. I've my library meticulously managed to reflect that; my library has all of the artists listed with their handful of songs each, but then a huge "Various Artists" node too.
If you can nail that - you have me won.

After that, niceties like LastFM support would be nice too.
Or long pressing songs giving options like Play Next and Play Last. Although that's somewhat there already along the top bar.

Great job so far!

EDIT: ^ A lot of what I said just got in there faster!
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

Installed on my Kindle Fire HD tablet and it works great! Got two requests though: Last.FM support (As allready mentioned in the separate thread) and the stop playback after current song functionality.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

this is great news...

does the player support AVRCP 1.3? (allows track id info to be sent to bluetooth player)
CyanogenMod supports this, HTC do not on their roms. The facility to use 1.3 was recently added to player pro.
It would be nice if MM Android did too as this is an essential feature these days

edit: completely confused. Does the player not sync back play count/skip etc when syncing over usb? I've configured the device and synced some music to my phone. Played some tracks on phone, reconnected and then pressed Auto-Sync. Plays from mobile device are not added back to MM? Does this only work if you use the wifi sync?

how do you trigger a library refresh in the app? i've removed all my media from the phone and the mm player still thinks it's all there. I've left it for 30mins and it still hasn't rescanned the music folder. I can select all and manually delete but this seems to take an age for a small amount of files and doesn't appear to delete anything. I've left it for 30+ mins and all that's happened is the phone has heated up and the system keeps saying the app is not responding
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please use existing topics.

does the player support AVRCP 1.3? http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=68893
zombiefly wrote:Does the player not sync back play count
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 74#p353374
zombiefly wrote:skip etc
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=68944
zombiefly wrote: i've removed all my media from the phone and the mm player still thinks it's all there.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=68919
smurfboard

Post by smurfboard »

Will there be support for wma files ?