left click move and song gone?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

DickDiver

left click move and song gone?

Post by DickDiver »

Problem!

Got my music on a flash usb drive connected to my WDTVLIVE. So, technically I organize with MM a NAS.
The db has been read in by IP (so, look foir new files on \\192.162.178.4\wdtvlive\mymusic).

Then I went in MM into my genre knot and moved (I hoped I did so) a file by left clicking it and dragging it into another genre cause that fitted better.

However, the song does not appear in this new knot and has disappeared in the old!
Even refreshing by F5 does not help?

So, damn, what is going on, or where the heck am I doing something wrong? Should be so hard to organize files in MM by dragging them....

Can you help me please?
Joe Dell Dell
Lowlander

Re: left click move and song gone?

Post by Lowlander »

Check the Location node to see if the files are still in the Library and if so (they should) what Genre they have been assigned.
DickDiver

Post by DickDiver »

Lowlender,

no I can not find my two files in that place however I tried to reproduce the issue and I could not!?
Now, it seems to work as intendet.

I will come back if not.

cheers
Joe Dell Dell
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have Tools > Options > Auto-Organize enabled? It triggers on tag changes.
DickDiver

Post by DickDiver »

Oh, yes you are right!

I had that on. Moreover, I have my library on my WDTVLIVE under 192.168.178.4 but the auto organize was set to the mapped windows letter (I hope you know what I mean).

thanks alot!
Joe Dell Dell
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Avoid the mapped drive as it may cause problems in MediaMonkey as Windows sometimes changes driveID when it shouldn't.