Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gpzbc

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by gpzbc »

Good!
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Maybe you restarted your computer? Sometimes this can help with registered objects.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Peter Panino

Post by Peter Panino »

Hi, when clicking on the Backup button, these 2 error messages are displayed consecutively:

MediaMonkey Version: 4.0.6.1501
Windows 7 x64 SP1
MM was started as Administrator
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Looks like the script doesn't have access to read the registry - maybe some sort of antivirus program blocking it?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
patentedlicks

Post by patentedlicks »

So how does one get a copy of this script?
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

From Trixmoto's website, which is linked in his signature.
http://trixmoto.net/mm/
--
The gpzbc
cotp

Post by cotp »

Hello I just used the 5.8 script to migrate my database. Everything seemed to run okay but when I have a look at my database I have everysong in double.

1) With the correct path J:\MUSIC but has no count play (must have browsed the system twice)
2) With the incorrect path "[]\MUSIC" with count play (must have been imported in mediamoney with incorrect path :/

Any hint on what to do ?

Cotp
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

So are half of the tracks greyed out? Did you migrate to a new computer?
--
The gpzbc
cotp

Post by cotp »

gpzbc wrote:So are half of the tracks greyed out? Did you migrate to a new computer?
Yes I migrate to a new computer half are greyed and that's the good ones that are greyed ....

Is there an easyway to correct the root path for all the files ??
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Check out this. It should help. http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... w_computer

If it were me, I would get rid of my MM install and database and just start over fresh from your backup. (That is assuming you still have your original backup.) So basically just do it all again following the instructions in the link I provided.

I hope that helps. Please post back with more questions. I should have more time later to help if needed.

Or you might be able to read this to see your can repair the database manually or automatically. http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... 94&nav=0,5
--
The gpzbc
cotp

Post by cotp »

I did all the changes indicated here:
http://www.plasticsun.com/GiantInternat ... wDrive.htm

nformation provided below is not guaranteed in any way - Do this at your own risk!
1. Get Disk Serial Number of New Drive
2. Convert Serial Number to Decimal
3. Backup the MediaMonkey Database
4. Open MediaMonkey Database
5. Change the Disk Serial Number in the Database
6. Change the Drive Letter in the Database
7. Done!
But when I start MM I still have files greyed and path looks like this:

[]\MUSIQUE\etc...

I don't want to scan everything since it would mean losing my stars and all ... I will try to copy now from old database (without the script)

EDIT: just did it and it did the same :(

Nota bene: My music is now on a NAS (but with volume letter asigned) maybe has to do with something ?
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Sorry this is turning into such a problem. Did you try the steps in the first link I sent? The section titled "Updating the database to point to the correct drive" is what you want. Specifically, the two scripts are very useful for doing this.

I can't comment on the method you used outlined in the link you pasted, because I have never used it.

EDIT: I just read your edit about the NAS. It is possible that it has something to do with that. Have you eliminated all of the scenarios in this link: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... 94&nav=0,5

If so, you may want to move your question to the general help forum where more people can help. It seems like your question is moving away from the functionality of the Backup script.
--
The gpzbc
cotp

Post by cotp »

gpzbc wrote:Sorry this is turning into such a problem. Did you try the steps in the first link I sent? The section titled "Updating the database to point to the correct drive" is what you want. Specifically, the two scripts are very useful for doing this.

I can't comment on the method you used outlined in the link you pasted, because I have never used it.

EDIT: I just read your edit about the NAS. It is possible that it has something to do with that. Have you eliminated all of the scenarios in this link: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... 94&nav=0,5

If so, you may want to move your question to the general help forum where more people can help. It seems like your question is moving away from the functionality of the Backup script.

Thanks gpzbc if I don't succeed I will do that then by the way I read this::
b. A network path is mapped to a drive letter (e.g. J:). In some cases, this will not

work correctly because mapped drives do not return Partition Serial Numbers

correctly. The solution is to use:

\\ip _address\path (always works)

\\computer_name\path (often works)
But not sure where I should put \\ip _address\path ? How can I change it for all my tracks ?? any idea ? Maybe I will run Backup restore again ;)

EDIT: Ah too bad in the restore I can not choose the path... :/
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

cotp wrote:But not sure where I should put \\ip _address\path ? How can I change it for all my tracks ?? any idea ? Maybe I will run Backup restore again ;)

I am sorry, but I think there are people that know more than me about repairing the database to point to the correct location. I would tell you the solution if I knew it. I still think your best bet at this point is to post in the general help forum.
--
The gpzbc
cotp

Post by cotp »

gpzbc wrote:
cotp wrote:But not sure where I should put \\ip _address\path ? How can I change it for all my tracks ?? any idea ? Maybe I will run Backup restore again ;)

I am sorry, but I think there are people that know more than me about repairing the database to point to the correct location. I would tell you the solution if I knew it. I still think your best bet at this point is to post in the general help forum.
Just did it ;)

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=67639