"Mediahouse" for Android, play music from MM4

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

MMuser2011

"Mediahouse" for Android, play music from MM4

Post by MMuser2011 »

I just installed the android app "Mediahouse UPnP/DLNA-Browser". This allows me to search and play my music (managed by MediaMonkey) on my Android phone, without any prior synchronization.
Compared with other solutions (like BubbleUPnP) this app is really simple to install: Download, open it, choose the media library from a list, finished! You don't need to configure the IP-address of the target PC or Ports on your phone, the app will find a shared MediaMonkey library (and others, if available) automagically*.

With this app I can finally hear my music in the entire flat, wherever I have a wireless connection.
Pro:
- scans automatically for UPnP / DLNA-Mediaserver
- you can even forward music to another media renderer (Play to)
- you can see the album cover, some tag informations and a simple music player
- support for playlists
Contra:
- "eats" a lot of my cell phone battery if wireless connected :wink:

Not sure if Pro/Contra:
- Shows all my MM4-collections, not only "Music" or "Classical Music" as shown in the sharing options

* Of course, as every external device who tries to access your data, "Mediahouse" also needs entries in your Router AND Firewall:
Router:
- Forward the TCP-Port that you have used in the MediaMonkey sharing options to your PC running MM4
Firewall:
- Make two new entries in your (Windows- or external) firewall:
1 Inbound- and 1 Outbound-Rule, both for the TCP-Port defined in your MediaMonkey sharing options

Just let me know, if someone else is using this app and what you are thinking about.
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
ripndip

Re: "Mediahouse" for Android, play music from MM4

Post by ripndip »

Awesome sounds good. I wish I could favorite or subscribe to threads here.
MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

If you reply to a single thread, you can activate the checkbox "Notify me when a reply is posted".
And on the bottom of every Forum, you can "Subscribe Forum" for the entire content of the selected part.
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

At the bottom of the page there are Subscribe topic and Bookmark topic links you can use.
Nova5

Post by Nova5 »

MMuser2011 wrote:
With this app I can finally hear my music in the entire flat, wherever I have a wireless connection.
Pro:
- scans automatically for UPnP / DLNA-Mediaserver
- you can even forward music to another media renderer (Play to)
- you can see the album cover, some tag informations and a simple music player
- support for playlists
Contra:
- "eats" a lot of my cell phone battery if wireless connected :wink:
BubbleUPNP does all that short of Playlists. Easily and without any special tweaks needed to it.
Not sure if Pro/Contra:
- Shows all my MM4-collections, not only "Music" or "Classical Music" as shown in the sharing options

* Of course, as every external device who tries to access your data, "Mediahouse" also needs entries in your Router AND Firewall:
Router:
- Forward the TCP-Port that you have used in the MediaMonkey sharing options to your PC running MM4
Firewall:
- Make two new entries in your (Windows- or external) firewall:
1 Inbound- and 1 Outbound-Rule, both for the TCP-Port defined in your MediaMonkey sharing options

Just let me know, if someone else is using this app and what you are thinking about.
The router changes are only needed if you want to access it from the 3G/4G connection on your phone vs Wifi. Either more or less power intensive depending on which mode your phone works in. 4G takes more power than Wifi, 3G, less.

I may check this one out as well, always looking for new apps to play with and find the best.
angel88

Post by angel88 »

I can connect media house to my PC! how can I get them connected? please help!
Zriordanchary

Post by Zriordanchary »

I just got this for my phone and this is totally awesome! :)