CustomFieldsTagger v1.0.3 [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: CustomFieldsTagger v1.0.3 [MM3+4]

Post by nohitter151 »

foz1284 wrote:Hey, I might be missing the obvious but where can I get the latest version of the script from?

I've used the installer and it works great but there is no script in the auto folder.

thanks for your hard work!
In MM4 scripts are saved to the user folder.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
foz1284

Post by foz1284 »

cheers, got it!
cajunlibra

Post by cajunlibra »

I don't have that file. Do I need to create it?

CustomFieldsTagger is listed under Extensions in MM4 instead of Scripts. It is also listed in my preferences for MM4.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

cajunlibra wrote:I don't have that file. Do I need to create it?

CustomFieldsTagger is listed under Extensions in MM4 instead of Scripts. It is also listed in my preferences for MM4.
What file? If it shows in the MM options, then the script is working.

cajunlibra

Post by cajunlibra »

Eyal wrote:
cajunlibra wrote:How did you get "Genre" as an option? I don't see it as a choice in my settings, just everything else.
Can I use this script to add a new genre to songs in addition to the genres already listed?
- Lines 63 & 64 of Scrips\Auto\CustomFieldsTagger.vbs file, add (and remove) fields you want to be available in the options.

Example:

Code: Select all

FieldList = Array("Custom1","Custom2","Custom3","Custom4","Custom5","Mood","Occasion","Genre","Grouping")
FieldListDB = Array("Custom1","Custom2","Custom3","Custom4","Custom5","Mood","Occasion","Genre","GroupDesc")
Restart MM afterward.

:~)
nohitter151 wrote:
cajunlibra wrote:I don't have that file. Do I need to create it?

What file? If it shows in the MM options, then the script is working.
The above file.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

You must have the file if the script is installed and working. If you installed the script for a single user it would be at:

Windows 7 / Vista:
C:\Users\_your username_\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto

Win XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\_your username_\Application Data\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto

cajunlibra

Post by cajunlibra »

nohitter151 wrote:You must have the file if the script is installed and working. If you installed the script for a single user it would be at:

Windows 7 / Vista:
C:\Users\_your username_\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto

Win XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\_your username_\Application Data\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto

Found it Thanks.
gege

Post by gege »

Hi Steegy, I have just discovered this script and it's great IMO.
I was a long time user of eCustom and there's only two of its features I'm missing here:

1) Ability to NOT sort automatically multiple values and instead leave them in the order they are applied.
I use this in a Custom field named 'Language', where the first value is the main language and the following is secondary. So, a song with 'English; Spanish' is primarily sang in English, with small pieces in Spanish, while 'Spanish; English' means the opposite.

2) Ability to use only pre-defined values for certain fields, instead of retrieving the existing ones from the library.
This would be extremely useful with Lyrics field, where I could define values like [Instrumental], [Vocal], [Spoken] or whatever I want. I tried to add support for Lyrics to the script, but it's become essentially useless, because it retrieves ALL different lyrics from the library, to the point of freezing MM for several minutes.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hello Gege,

1) Maybe putting the call to SortDictionary in comments (or just remove it) in the procedure AddSetRemoveValue will do the job (or better, not the job of sorting the multiple values in the tag)

Code: Select all

Sub AddSetRemoveValue(TheValue, iMenu, iField, ValuePresent)
        'SortDictionary oDic, dictKey              ' put a ' sign in front to comment the code out, or just remove the line
End Sub
2) Is it really necessary to put these (pre-defined or not) values in the Lyrics field? For these things (like Instrument/Language) I personally use the custom fields. If you really want this, maybe someone else can help you to add this functionality (shouldn't be too hard) as I prefer to script as little as possible nowadays. Anyway, this script is not meant to be a replacement to eCustom (I only heared about that script after I wrote CFT) so maybe it can be updated for MM4 and maybe the 2 scripts can be joined together by someone

Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
gege

Post by gege »

Steegy wrote:1) Maybe putting the call to SortDictionary in comments (or just remove it) in the procedure AddSetRemoveValue will do the job (or better, not the job of sorting the multiple values in the tag)
In fact this is not an ideal solution for me, because sometimes I DO want values sorted, other times I don't. eCustom allows me this.
Steegy wrote:2) Is it really necessary to put these (pre-defined or not) values in the Lyrics field? For these things (like Instrument/Language) I personally use the custom fields.
Well, when a song have no lyrics, I like to display this information in my very own Lyrics Viewer 8) so I put '[Instrumental]' in Lyrics field.
Steegy wrote:If you really want this, maybe someone else can help you to add this functionality (shouldn't be too hard) as I prefer to script as little as possible nowadays. Anyway, this script is not meant to be a replacement to eCustom (I only heared about that script after I wrote CFT) so maybe it can be updated for MM4 and maybe the 2 scripts can be joined together by someone
No need for this anymore. After posting this, I decided to make some changes* to my copy of eCustom to fit my needs. Now I can use one script or another, according to the needs of a specific field.

* I added things like
- ability to write to Lyrics field (remember, eCustom works only with pre-defined values, so now it does exactly what I asked before)
- ability to write multiple values to Comment field (sorted or not), with a line break as separator

Unfortunately, eCustom currently is abandonware. I'm thinking in taking it over and publish these improvements I made, since it and your CustomFieldsTagger can be kinda complementary.
CWBC

Post by CWBC »

Unfortunately I've some wrong entries in my customfieldtagger list. How can I delete/modify some of these entries?
Thanks for help in advance

CWB
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

CFT has no static list of entries, but gets the entries from the tracks in your library. So in your case that means that there are some tracks in your library with wrong entries.
If you find these tracks (use MM's search) and correct the wrong entries, they won't show up in CFT anymore.

Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Butt_Chunx

Post by Butt_Chunx »

Can you please tell me where this script stores/retrieves its data from? There are many values that I never used that show up in the lists and I wish to delete those.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Butt_Chunx wrote:Can you please tell me where this script stores/retrieves its data from? There are many values that I never used that show up in the lists and I wish to delete those.
Check your Collection (Music, Entire library, etc.) > Classification subnodes.

Post-logiq

Post by Post-logiq »

Hi,

I just tried eCustom 2.1 and CustomField tagger. Thanks to their authors.

Is there a way to edit the custom field name, in addition to setting their value?

It seems the scripts only write values in CUSTOM1, CUSTOM2, ... fields.
I modified the FieldList and FieldListDB arrays in the CustomField tagger script but I had SQL errors trying to access non-existing properties in MM DB, such as LABEL or ORGANIZATION ("PUBLISHER" works obviously).

I am not an expert so I won't go further in understanding and editing the script. I think that MM and its DB would need to be modified internally to take into account any custom field set by users or other software rather than using predefined and software-specific CUSTOM# fields. The sames goes about reading tags from files.

I would like to manage the non-standard LABEL (=ORGANIZATION) and LABELNO (Catalog number) fields in MM and potentially any field on Vorbis comments (and id3 eventually).

In Vorbis comments the LABEL field is:
- Used exclusively by Tag & Rename to handle record label information (including LABELNO), no support of ORGANIZATION :-(
- preferred by dbPoweramp over ORGANIZATION if both fields are present. Some info hidden in specific conditions here :-(
- read/written by mp3tag with a total flexibility, provided that you are aware of conflicts between LABEL and ORGANIZATION across software.

MP3tag has indeed very flexible way (the best? ) of handling custom tags as it allow a total customization of field display, allowing to display these fields separately or setup rules such as $IF(%ORGANIZATION%,%ORGANIZATION%,%LABEL%), optionally associated with id-tag specific mappings of field names.

In this grey area we all end-up using non-standard tags for different reasons and it would be great to see the MP3tag approach in use in MM.

I opened a ticket to discuss my specific issue with the support team.

Cheers