MM4 is not syncing playlists with Samsung Galaxy S2

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Re: MM4 is not syncing playlists with Samsung Galaxy S2

Post by Guest »

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue with the Galaxy S2, but I've managed to get the autoplaylists to sync from MM4 to the phone, but on trying to play them with the stock player, it plays the first track in the list ok, but then continuously repeats track 2 repeatedly, if I try to skip to the next track it just goes back to the start of track 2 again. Shuffle is not turned on on the phone, however if it is it quite happily goes through the entire playlist without getting stuck at all. Can't figure out what the hell the problem is, it doesn't seem to make any sense to me at all. I've tried winamp for android and it can't even see the playlists at all. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Wotan

Post by Wotan »

Yeah, this is an ongoing issue for almost everybody.

Apparently, if you're using the MSC/UMS/USBmass plugin (your device will show up with a Drive Letter on your computer), the playlists will always be generated as .m3u playlists. Some apps, however, insist on .pla playlists. I don't know if the .m3u limitation is due to the way the USBbass plugin was designed, or if it's an inherent limitation of USB mass storage protocols.

The only way to get .pla playlists on your device is to use the sucky and slow MTP mode. In MTP mode, the software will be able to request whatever form of playlist it requires, and it will happen automagically.
-- Wotan

Dell XPS 410, Windows 7 Home Premium, M-Audio Firewire 410, MM ver 3.2.3 gold, HTC Rezound, Sony Walkman NWZ-S765 16GB
Hugh Jorgenn

Post by Hugh Jorgenn »

Add me to the list. My Galaxy S II synvs but the playlists are only visible (*.pla) in the very ordinary music player that comes standard with the phone. I'd really like to use a player that can utilize replay gain.