Auto Tag from Amazon

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

sgoodison01

Auto Tag from Amazon

Post by sgoodison01 »

I have used Media Monkey for years with no major problems. Over the last few days I have noticed that the Auto Tag from the Website is not working as it should. Only Amazon UK seems to bring up any results. The others say No results found for all queries. I have noticed on the formum that this has been a problem in the past with Amazon changing something on their website. Is this the case at presents and will this problem be rectified? Or is there something I can do to fix it?

Many Thanks
The Lord of Darts
Lowlander

Re: Auto Tag from Amazon

Post by Lowlander »

Currently you'll need to use MediaMonkey 4 to be able to fully use Auto-Tag from Web: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=54426
PaulyT

Post by PaulyT »

Are there any plans to update version 3 for this? Or do we have to wait for version 4 to come out, assuming we don't want to run a beta version?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

PaulyT wrote:Are there any plans to update version 3 for this? Or do we have to wait for version 4 to come out, assuming we don't want to run a beta version?
No, version 3 won't have any updates from here on out. Version 4 is at release candidate stage and will be the next MM upgrade/release.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
PaulyT

Post by PaulyT »

Ok, thanks. Guess it's time to try out version 4. 8)

Post by Guest »

It seems that there is still a problem getting info by using the auto tag option. Today I tried to get album labels from the Amazon site but every time I got back 'no results'.
:roll:
So it seems that we can not get through with our query to the Amazon site or the site is not dedeted.
Can anyone give me a hint how to solve this?
Thanks in advance,
Jaap
(living in the Netherlands)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:It seems that there is still a problem getting info by using the auto tag option. Today I tried to get album labels from the Amazon site but every time I got back 'no results'.
:roll:
So it seems that we can not get through with our query to the Amazon site or the site is not dedeted.
Can anyone give me a hint how to solve this?
Thanks in advance,
Jaap
(living in the Netherlands)
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 26#p316658

LegulusQ

Post by LegulusQ »

For me, the "Auto-tag from web" functionality abruptly stopped working yesterday, 11/1/11. Contrary to what is said above, it doesn't work in either MM 3 or 4! Every query results in a "No Result Found" response. I was in the middle of a major project and have found this to be extremely frustrating...
~Maxx

Post by ~Maxx »

Same as above for me. I was going to wait for MM4 official release to install it, but jumped the gun when I saw this thread. Still "No Results". I'm sure they're working on it - but I hate waiting... 8)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

~Maxx wrote:Same as above for me. I was going to wait for MM4 official release to install it, but jumped the gun when I saw this thread. Still "No Results". I'm sure they're working on it - but I hate waiting... 8)
It should be working in v4. If it is not, please make a bug report in the beta-testing thread.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It does fail in MediaMonkey 4 for certain Albums which has been acknowledged already: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=61578 (see bug tracker link).
Kutusov

Post by Kutusov »

Where is MM4? I only see the link for the current 3.2.4... or is it MM4 on the download section?

Nevermind... found it!