[1450] Autoplaylist Album Artist sort order bug

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

stan9980

[1450] Autoplaylist Album Artist sort order bug

Post by stan9980 »

Selecting "Album Artist" as a sort order in an autoplaylist will actually cause the playlist to be sorted by "Album" not "Album Artist". This happens regardless of it being A-Z or Z-A. The other sort orders seem to work fine.

Cheers,

stan9980
nohitter151

Re: [1450] Autoplaylist Album Artist sort order bug

Post by nohitter151 »

Looks fine here:

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

I neglected an critical piece of info :oops: , it only occurs in Album Art or Album Art + Details views.

Here's the autoplaylist, sorting by Album Artist, in details view...

Absolutely fine but switching to Album art view...

And finally Album Art + Details...

The view is the only thing that I changed.

Cheers,

stan9980
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

With a bit more experimentation I've noticed the following...

Sorting by Artist will cause the autoplaylist to by sorted by Artist in the grid view, but by Album Artist when using either of the Album Art views.

Sorting by Album Artist will cause the autoplaylist to be sort by Album Artist in the grid view, but by Album in either of the Album Art views.

Sorting by Album sorts by Album in all views.

HTH,

stan9980
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I can confirm that Artist doesn't sort correctly in Art view (it sorts on Album Artist), but Album Artist works fine here on 1451. This failure is only seen when sorting as criteria in AutoPlaylist or manually sorting in Playlist.
rusty

Post by rusty »

I've added http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8596 -- the fact that a sort indicator is missing means that it's difficult to even see what MM is intended to do. Once that's fixed, it'll be easier to see exactly what the bug is here.

-Rusty
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

This is still an issue in 1453.

For clarity I'm referring to sorting as determined by the sort order in the autoplaylist criteria window.

The problem occurs with the Album Art or Album Art with Details views, not the standard show details (ie no album art) view obeys the sort order.

To replicate:

1. Create autoplaylist
2. Set sort order in the autoplaylist criteria window to Album Artist
3. View autoplaylist using Show Details (autoplaylist will be sorted by Album Artist - as expected)
4. Switch view to Show Art (autoplaylist will now be sorted by Album, unexpected behaviour)
5. Switch view to Show Art with Details (autoplaylist will be sorted by Album, unexpected behaviour)

As detailed in my earlier post, there is also a problem when Artist is used as the sort order in the autoplaylist criteria window.

To replicate:

1. Create autoplaylist
2. Set sort order in the autoplaylist criteria window to Artist
3. View autoplaylist using Show Details (autoplaylist will be sorted by Artist - as expected)
4. Switch view to Show Art (autoplaylist will now be sorted by Album Artist, unexpected behaviour)
5. Switch view to Show Art with Details (autoplaylist will be sorted by Album Artist, unexpected behaviour)

Cheers,

stan9980
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Here it does sort on Album Artist (ie. Various Artists are where they should be), but there is an incorrect secondary sort (no clue on what though) as some Albums are split up. Manually sorting on Album Artist fixes this. I then fixed an Album Art on one unrelated Album and it now shows correctly.

I'm wondering if a Maintain Library with Full Optimization can fix this for you.
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

I've just given the Maintain Library with Full Optimization a go, but no luck. Same problem as before.

Albums are sorted correctly if I click on the Album Artist heading, so it seems to be a problem with the sort order in the autoplaylist criteria.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Strange, I can't replicate this either.

Can you send a debug log?

That might give us a clue...

Thanks.

-Rusty
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

I've sent a debug log in. I've used the most recent 1454 build. I've also done a Jing video to demonstrate what I'm seeing. If anyone else is interested the link to the video is...

http://www.stanonline.co.uk/MM4/2011-11-04_0929.swf

stan9980
rusty

Post by rusty »

Stan9980,

From the video, I can't see the Artist and Album Artist fields for the tracks in question, but could it be that some of the Album Artists begin with '[' e.g.
Album Artist=[Various]
Artist=Adams, Bryan

Those types of differences would cause the sort order to appear completely different depending on how you sort the playlist. i.e. Sort by Album Artist, will cause the track to appear near the top of the list, whereas sorting by Artist would cause it to appear below artists beginning with special characters and numbers.

-Rusty
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

Unfortunately not, I've done another video including the details view with Artist and Album Artist, and then switching to the Art + Details view.

Hopefully this video shows things more clearly.

http://www.stanonline.co.uk/MM4/2011-11-04_1636.swf

This second video is maybe more of an instant demonstration of the issue I'm seeing.

http://www.stanonline.co.uk/MM4/2011-11-04_1655.swf

This is what I did in the second video...
1. Autoplaylist sort order is set to Album Artist, view playlist in details view
2. Click Album Artist column heading in details view, nothing happens as it's already sorted like that.
3. Switch view to Album Art + Details, you get the strange sorting that I'm seeing.
4. Click Album Artist column heading in Album Art + Details view, playlist will sort into correct Album Artist order.

Let me know if you need anymore details

stan9980
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

Thanks for confirming!

Cheers,

stan9980