Cannot detect device

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

sam423

Cannot detect device

Post by sam423 »

MM cannot find my ipod.

Any ideas anyone?????
nohitter151

Re: Cannot detect device

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
regnaD kciN

Post by regnaD kciN »

FWIW, I downloaded and installed the latest version of 4.0 beta and, although I get a pop-up indicator asking me if I want to automatically sync to MM every time I plug my iPhone 4S into the USB cable, the iPhone still doesn't show up at all in MM itself.
sam423

Post by sam423 »

:evil: So i wasted hours transfering my music files to Media Monkey and wasted my money by upgrading to 'gold version' , only to find that I CANT DO ANYTHING WITH IT :evil:

Before you sign up or give them your money, they should tell you that 'there might be a chance that you cant use your IPOD with this program'.

Not very professional is it guys????????????
regnaD kciN

Post by regnaD kciN »

As frustrating as it may seem, I'm sure the MM guys are working on it. After all, iOS5 has only been out for nine days now, and these things do take some time.

If it's any consolation, I understand from the forums over at J.River that their product is having similar problems. It seems to be affecting everything other than iTunes itself at the moment.

What has me frustrated is that the latest beta is supposed to at least have the iPhone show up as a device, even if you can't sync to it -- but even that isn't happening on my system. That would suggest to me that there might be another issue that shows up in some systems and not in others...but who knows yet?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

regnaD kciN wrote: What has me frustrated is that the latest beta is supposed to at least have the iPhone show up as a device, even if you can't sync to it -- but even that isn't happening on my system. That would suggest to me that there might be another issue that shows up in some systems and not in others...but who knows yet?
It should show up for all but iPhone 4S. If not please generate a debug log as described in the beta-testing forum "How to report a bug" thread. That should show the reason.

regnaD kciN

Post by regnaD kciN »

nohitter151 wrote:It should show up for all but iPhone 4S.
So, you're saying that the 4S still won't show up in MM 4.0? That would explain my problem. I was confused by the post in the sticky...
With the latest 4.0 beta versions, iPhone/iPod touch/iPad detection should be fine on any iOS. However, if the device has iOS 5, you will only be able to browse the device, not sync.
...which seemed to indicate that all iPhones, including the 4S, would be detected.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

regnaD kciN wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:It should show up for all but iPhone 4S.
So, you're saying that the 4S still won't show up in MM 4.0? That would explain my problem. I was confused by the post in the sticky...
With the latest 4.0 beta versions, iPhone/iPod touch/iPad detection should be fine on any iOS. However, if the device has iOS 5, you will only be able to browse the device, not sync.
...which seemed to indicate that all iPhones, including the 4S, would be detected.
Well, it's sort of untested waters at this point. No one on the MM dev team has access to a 4S, so it hasn't been tested. But if it doesn't show at all, it would be understandable since the 4S has never been made to work with MM (as it's a brand new device...)

regnaD kciN

Post by regnaD kciN »

nohitter151 wrote:Well, it's sort of untested waters at this point. No one on the MM dev team has access to a 4S, so it hasn't been tested. But if it doesn't show at all, it would be understandable since the 4S has never been made to work with MM (as it's a brand new device...)
That makes sense. I hope you can get a 4S in your hands soon, and get iOS5 working, since having to convert everything to MP3 and load it into iTunes for syncing is a major pain in the gluteus maximus.