"Audio Library has stopped working" Error

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

VonBrick

"Audio Library has stopped working" Error

Post by VonBrick »

I would have reported this under the Bug Reports section, but I'm not 100% sure it's a bug.

It seems whenever MediaMonkey is finished downloading a podcast, the application freezes and generates a non-specific Windows error. I can be doing anything or nothing in the application when this happens...the only constant is that it seems it happens only when downloading a podcast. I will add that it SEEMS to happen just as a podcast completes downloading...as if it can't "add" the podcast to the list. (Although each podcast it errors on does eventually appear in the Podcast list...I just have to restart the app to see it/them.) Once this error occurs, my only option is to completely close MediaMonkey and restart. Then it happens over and over again.

If I go into Options and set all podcasts to be downloaded Manually (which prevents MM from automatically downloading those podcasts yet to be retrieved), I can open the app and it doesn't fail.

This happens every time I start the program and within a few minutes of starting as there are several podcasts it has yet to download.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or pointers.

(Sorry for the long narrative. ;) )
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Anyone else noticed this problem?

Is it specific to a particular podcast / set of podcasts?
Does this happen only nearly after restarting MM or whenever the "Update All Podcasts" command is launched?

What is your OS / user rights ?
VonBrick

Post by VonBrick »

Ludek wrote:Anyone else noticed this problem?

Is it specific to a particular podcast / set of podcasts?
Does this happen only nearly after restarting MM or whenever the "Update All Podcasts" command is launched?

What is your OS / user rights ?
This error occurs downloading (so far) any and all podcasts. Again...it happens every time a single podcast is downloaded. (The application only makes it through downloading one podcast then freezes, fails, and needs to be restarted after generating the Windows error.)

Again...this only happens if I have MM set in Options to download podcasts automatically when the application starts or when I attempt to download a podcast manually. Now that I have turned off the "update automatically" function, the application has been stable.

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and am a System Administrator.

Thanks for your reply!!
random7

Re: "Audio Library has stopped working" Error

Post by random7 »

About 3 weeks ago I got a new ipod and loaded it with music. Everything was fine. Two days ago I went to play some music using Media Monkey and the program now closes as soon as it opens with the above mentioned error. I use win7 (upgraded from vista).

The only other insights I have to this are, suddenly the os has blocked me from several odd folders when using a pc browser like exploder or xplorer2. I have tried running mm as admin, still same error. Reinstalled, same. Only thing I have not tried is running the pc in admin mode which I don't want to do on a permanent basis.

Anyone else suddenly experiencing this?
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

Yes, I am seeing this repeatedly, and I don't have podcasts or ipods or anything else unusual - Karol
"I wish you well!" - Rex Stout
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Karolm wrote:Yes, I am seeing this repeatedly,
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

It has been reported (if that's what you imply) above by a number of people, I am just joining them. I don't know if that's a bug. Anyway, I have the latest MM (v.3.2.4) and Windows 7. It started happening fairly recently, never happened before in this version.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Karolm wrote:It has been reported (if that's what you imply) above by a number of people, I am just joining them. I don't know if that's a bug. Anyway, I have the latest MM (v.3.2.4) and Windows 7. It started happening fairly recently, never happened before in this version.
He's implying to get a debug log, its really the only thing that offers any hint at all in a scenario when people report it but can't give a solid set of reproduction steps.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
random7

Post by random7 »

I can try for a debug log, is one generated automatically when the app closes unexpectedly?
random7

Post by random7 »

Nevermind, I was too lazy to look at the post before I typed. I just installed the debug version also, and it seems to run fine so far, will see.
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

For me, it happens most often when I just try to play a song first thing after just opening MM. First, nothing happens. Second or third click on the player's arrow, the screen goes almost blank, like faded, it takes a while, and either it returns to normal and starts playing, or I get that error.
random7

Post by random7 »

Well, I thought the debug version was working, but it was actually just hung in the background windows. So I am back to square one. Maybe theres something in win7 thats hosing mm.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You'll need to send in a debug log for this problem as per debug log instructions.
random7

Post by random7 »

Indeed. I installed the debug version but it doesn't even get past the first splash screen. I have to end the task and then generally reboot later. I did notice that when I hover over the tray to expand it, I can see several running or attempted running versions for a short bit.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you follow the instructions you will see you need to run DBGView.exe and send the log it generates to support.

As you're not getting past the splash screen you probably have a hidden dialog box and this can be fixed by running with /nosplash: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=45