Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

d4005

Re: Batch Art Finder 4.1 - Updated 31/01/2011

Post by d4005 »

Thanks Joemama. That's a great interim version until we can get a google fix.

I still can't get the script (with or without Joemama's change) to go to the next image by clicking on "Try Next Image" when I'm using it on Win7 x64 with IE9. I have to run MediaMonkey inside the "XP Mode" virtual machine to get it to work. I usually get errors telling me of variables or functions not existing when I try to run it with IE9. Resuming my XP Mode VM from it's hibernation each time I want to use MM is no real hardship though, I can live with that as I only use it 2-3 times a month anyway.
Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Thanks a lot for the code modification, it was hard to live without this script :-)

@d4005 try running Mediamonkey with administrative privilege.
d4005

Post by d4005 »

Sajal wrote:Thanks a lot for the code modification, it was hard to live without this script :-)

@d4005 try running Mediamonkey with administrative privilege.
I've tried, no luck. It's not so much the problem of Win 7 and it's needing of admin privilege, it's more an IE9 problem I think. It's not something that I'll put a lot of effort into trying to get resolved as I've got my entire library updated with tags and art now. It's only the new songs I buy that I need to fix (because Amazon's MP3 tagging is garbage) and I only buy 2 or 3 songs a month. So firing up the XP Mode virtual machine out of hibernation takes no time at all.

Post by Guest »

ej_san_fran, Good call on the msinet.ocx bug. Looking back I may have done the same, or someting simular. I was trying several things before it started working and I believe you are dead on on your fix. It works for me just in normal mode since it's been fixed.

My "next Image" links work just fine with the code modifications, so I don't know what to tell those that are having problems. Maybe I missed part of the code when pasting it to the website. Are others having "next Image" problems?

On a side note, I have also modified the "Case Checker" script. I rip all my CDs to the Über Music standard (found at http://www.UberStandard.org) and the modifications adhere more strictly to this standard. If anyone is interested in the script let me know and I'll post it here as well. BTW, this is an excelent website for anyone who rips music. All the software they use is free (and not pirated) and gives you very high quality, small size, MP3s. I highly recommend it.
joemama

Post by joemama »

Oops, I forgot to log in. This was me that posted the above message:

ej_san_fran, Good call on the msinet.ocx bug. Looking back I may have done the same, or someting simular. I was trying several things before it started working and I believe you are dead on on your fix. It works for me just in normal mode since it's been fixed.

d4005: My "next Image" links work just fine with the code modifications, so I don't know what to tell those that are having problems. Maybe I missed part of the code when pasting it to the website. Are others having "next Image" problems?

On a side note, I have also modified the "Case Checker" script. I rip all my CDs to the Über Music standard (found at http://www.UberStandard.org) and the modifications adhere more strictly to this standard. If anyone is interested in the script let me know and I'll post it here as well. BTW, this is an excelent website for anyone who rips music. All the software they use is free (and not pirated) and gives you very high quality, small size, MP3s. I highly recommend it.
eric.stephani

Post by eric.stephani »

There is a issue with IE9. I just upgraded and none of the Google image searches worked, just returned no results. I am in the middle of a big migration from iTunes so I am relying on this script heavily to speed things up so I uninstalled IE9 and now it works fine again.
Tursiops47

Post by Tursiops47 »

I too get nothing but "No Results" on all queries. I noticed I'm using 4.0. In addition to a solution for no results, I'd like help in how to delete the Addon from MediaMonkey. I'd feel a little safer if I could delete the script before trying another reload or version upgrade.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Tursiops47 wrote:I too get nothing but "No Results" on all queries. I noticed I'm using 4.0. In addition to a solution for no results, I'd like help in how to delete the Addon from MediaMonkey. I'd feel a little safer if I could delete the script before trying another reload or version upgrade.
tools > extensions
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rachelthedemon

Post by rachelthedemon »

I love this script for one and would like to thank Trixmoto for his excellent work. I got Google to work on a fresh install, but the only problem I have is the links in the Batch Art Finder window don't do anything, so I can't browse the results. Is there a fix for this?

Running Win 7 64-bit with IE8
skj88

Post by skj88 »

Excellent work!! I can get this to work on my laptop which runs Vista with IE9 but I have to select a website other than Google to search for images. If I use Google, I always get "No Results".

My concern is that my media library is on my HTPC which is running Windows 7. The add on appears to work (with the exception of Google) but the add on cycles through all the results on its own (the album art appears in the results box, but BAF seems to be "clicking" on Next on its own). While it is doing this, clicking Pause or the "Save" button does not help. When it gets to the last search result and cycles past it, the result box shows "No Result".

Anyone have a suggestion with this issue? I am going to use my laptop to update the album art with BAF until I can find a solution to my problem on my HTPC.

Thanks,

Steve
skj88

Post by skj88 »

BAF does the same thing on my Vista machine as it does on my Win 7 machine. The artwork scrolls by on its own until it gets to the last one and then it says "No Results". I can use the "Next" and "Previous" button but this does not stop the scrolling - just the direction of the scrolling.

I've figured out if I leave the save box checked and when the art I want comes by I click Save really fast, the art will be saved as I want.

Is BAF supposed to work like this? I thought the "next" and "previous" functions would be something I would control.

Steve
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you check out the debug logfile it might explain why this is happening. It could be that you've set your min/max dimensions too low/high and no artwork is matching the criteria.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Joeblack76

Post by Joeblack76 »

Hy,
I have a problem with the BAF.
Google image doesn't work, I get monitored the message no results on every time.
I that possible that W7 64 bit and IE9 is a problem for the finder.
There is a schedule with recommend adjsutements?
I it possible to change the Browser in MM?

Thank you for the support
Blutarsky

Post by Blutarsky »

Can't get any album art under Win7 64 bit.
MM 3.2.5.1306 + BAF 4.1
Any clue?
skj88

Post by skj88 »

Thanks for the advice, trixmoto. I think the problem may have been incompatibility between the image size selected in the drop down and the image sizes I had in the min max box. Once I changed the image size to "Large" BAF started working as I would expect. It skipped images too small/large, but stopped on ones that were withing my min/max settings.

The problem with google has been mentioned many times. I use AlbumArt.org and it works fine.

Steve