Tags randomly showing up as different artists

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

debu

Tags randomly showing up as different artists

Post by debu »

About 1 in ten of my mp3 files the tags are showing up in now playing as the wrong artist/track. The files metadata are showing up fine in Vlc and Itunes, and right clicking on them and looking at the properties everything looks correct. Has anyone else experienced this in 3.2.4? Is there a fix? Corrupt database?
Lowlander

Re: Tags randomly showing up as different artists

Post by Lowlander »

What version of MediaMonkey? Are you saying it just shows wrong in the Player and not in the Library? Is it showing info from the previously played song or a random song?
debu

Post by debu »

debu wrote: Has anyone else experienced this in 3.2.4?
Totally random. The displayed song/artist names aren't even in the now playing queue
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Does it still happen if you switch output plugin under Tools > Options > Output Plug-ins?

Just to confirm, were you right clicking to see Properties in MediaMonkey itself?
debu

Post by debu »

actually I was right-clicking the file itself outside of media monkey. Right clicking the file and clicking properties in media monkey brings up the wrong artist/track information. I switched from directsound output to waveout output and it's still displaying (and scrobbling in last.fm) the wrong information.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try File > Clear Library and then scan the file in again using File > Add/Rescan Files.

PS. Playlists will be lost as well in this process.