3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

DreadM

3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by DreadM »

3-Pulse Skin

First released: 31.12.2010

Current version:1.0.0.0

Last Update: 31.12.2010

Greetings

This is a modified version from Pulse skin who is included in the last MM4 Beta builds !

To use this Skin with MM3 i have to change some things/objects like:
InfoPopUp's (MM3 dont support round corner stuff)
and reduce the number of used Icons !
and match the player title info !

Pulse Skin is inspired by some screenshots from Token Icons ,Dreadlau post here in the ArtWorkForum,
and so comes one to the other ,Dreadlau create this wonderful set of Icons ( great job for the first Icon set ) :D
Theme and Player was my part.
(so be careful with screenshots ,you never know what's happens) :D

Thanks to Dreadlau,Rusty and Petr for suggestions and constructive criticism ! :wink:

Theme / Player :with MonkeyRok

FloatPlayer:

MicroPlayer:and modified InfoPopUp

Downloads:

3-Pulse.mmip Pulse Skin for MM3 !

MR Pulse Tab v 1,0,0,1.mmip Pulse Tab Skin for MonkeyRok !

Note:
MonkeyRok skin use Nifty corner stuff for rounded corners.
I change a bit the layout ,tabs are on top and current album is included the tab section,
to open/close the info panel you have to hit the arrow on left side!
For me it's the ideal layout ,and i hope you like also! :D
Thanks to Trixmoto , for look inside the files and clean it up , and his great script :D

When you have any Suggestions for the Pulse Skin ,let me know!

Enjoy!

and have a good start in the new year :wink:
Last edited by DreadM on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shiny Rabbit

Re: 3-Pulse [MM3 Skin] v 1.0.0.0 31/12/2010

Post by Shiny Rabbit »

Ahh, my favourite MM4 skin so far, nice port ^^

Windows 7 Enterprise x64. MediaMonkey 4 (unless I forget to update this)
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Thank you DreadM

Nice skin, I like it. It let me enjoy MM4 skin on MM3.
Good work. Thanks also for MonkeyRok skin, although I would prefer a non-tab skin.

Eyal
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Very Nice! I generally prefer darker skins, but I really like this one. And I really like the innovative design of the mini float player And I LOVE the Monkey Rok skin. I love the rounded corners, and I love how the tabs are all the way at the top, above the info panel. It seems more natural to me that way.

Good work! Thank you for keeping the great skins coming!
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

The more I use this, the more I like it. But I have one question. Is it just me, or is the Monkey Rok background slightly different from the main MM background?
--
The gpzbc
dypsis

"Lyrics and Comment Viewer" Skin

Post by dypsis »

Thanks mate...
Any chance of a "Lyrics and Comment Viewer" skin for this?
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

What is supposed to be on the last line of the Info Pop-up Display? I only see "< >" (I'm referring to the one when MM is not focused, not the micro player one)
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

@Mizery_Made:
Well it's the Time info you see ( or don't see ) ,this don't works on MM3 and i forgot to delete (it was a fix in MM4)
gpzbc wrote:Is it just me, or is the Monkey Rok background slightly different from the main MM background?
Yes you are right , i don't noticed this before! is it so bad ?

I relay like the MR skin layout and i think all my future MRskins will have this layout !
Ideal would be if the Scrolling window just displays under the info panel , so that the tabs and info panel always stay at top!
dypsis wrote:Any chance of a "Lyrics and Comment Viewer" skin for this?
No, not from my side,maybe you can use ion skin,
At moment i just use MonkeyRok ,it fit's all my needs (and i must reduce the number of files i have to look at :wink: )
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

DreadM wrote:
gpzbc wrote:Is it just me, or is the Monkey Rok background slightly different from the main MM background?
Yes you are right , i don't noticed this before! is it so bad ?
It's not too bad. It's just that the skin is nearly perfect in every other way so the different color background stands out a little bit.
DreadM wrote:I relay like the MR skin layout and i think all my future MRskins will have this layout !
Ideal would be if the Scrolling window just displays under the info panel , so that the tabs and info panel always stay at top!
I agree. The new layout is great. And I agree that it would be ideal if the scrolling window was just the bottom portion.

Thanks again for this skin. I really like it. And I think this skin design has a lot of potential as a dark skin too. :wink:
--
The gpzbc
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

DreadM wrote:
dypsis wrote:Any chance of a "Lyrics and Comment Viewer" skin for this?
No, not from my side,maybe you can use ion skin,
At moment i just use MonkeyRok ,it fit's all my needs (and i must reduce the number of files i have to look at :wink: )
OK. I don't know how you get the lyrics to display. It is always blank for me with tabbed MonkeyRok skins.

The other problem with MonkeyRok tab is that you can only view one panel at a time. And it leaves plenty of unused, wasted screen space below.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

dypsis wrote:The other problem with MonkeyRok tab is that you can only view one panel at a time. And it leaves plenty of unused, wasted screen space below.
That's how tabs are meant to work. You only see one at a time, but all are available in less space. Personally, I prefer it.
--
The gpzbc
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Guys

This is also my favourite of the MM4 skins so far, so much so I wanted to be able to use the MR skin that was created for MM3 to go along with it but I was unable to load it hence my previous post in this thread which Trixmoto and DreadM so kindly helped me out with so I now have it set up very nicely for me :D

@gpzbc : The MR skin background is indeed a slightly different colour to the main skin but if you want it's pretty easy to fix, it just requires a tweak in the skin.css file. All you need to do is change each instance of the colour #E7EEEE to #EEEEEE and that will do the trick or, at least, it did for me.

Best Regards

Goodog
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Goodog wrote:The MR skin background is indeed a slightly different colour to the main skin but if you want it's pretty easy to fix, it just requires a tweak in the skin.css file. All you need to do is change each instance of the colour #E7EEEE to #EEEEEE and that will do the trick or, at least, it did for me.
Best Regards
Goodog
Ah yes! Thanks for the tip. I'm fixing it right now.

Edit: I also had to change a few other components, including one in the jquery-ui.css file.
Now it looks perfect! Thanks DreadM.
--
The gpzbc
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

gpzbc wrote:
dypsis wrote:The other problem with MonkeyRok tab is that you can only view one panel at a time. And it leaves plenty of unused, wasted screen space below.
That's how tabs are meant to work. You only see one at a time, but all are available in less space. Personally, I prefer it.
I realise it is how tabs are meant to work. I just don't like it and find it unnecessary and counter productive for what MonkeyRok is intended to do. You can only display and view one panel at a time. I always believe a well designed app requires you to click less, not more.

Another example is if you use the "Artist Events" panel. You have to physically click on the "Artist Events" panel each and every time you play a different artist to see if the artist is playing in your location. The non-tabbed version simply appears there if an artist is playing in your location.

I guess it is a personal thing, so I'll move on, now. :wink:
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

dypsis wrote:Another example is if you use the "Artist Events" panel. You have to physically click on the "Artist Events" panel each and every time you play a different artist to see if the artist is playing in your location. The non-tabbed version simply appears there if an artist is playing in your location.
In regards to this one, perhaps someone should ask Trix if a setting could be added that would allow tab selection to persist. I know that some tab scripts offer this, don't know if the one he's using can however.