Syncing files to different folders

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

xilocient

Syncing files to different folders

Post by xilocient »

Hey everyone, I just got a J3 and want to use mediamonkey to automatically sync my files on the player as follows: Podcasts go in Podcasts folder; Audiobooks go in Audiobooks folder; everything else goes in Music folder.

Seems straight enough, but I can't seem to get it to do this...
The first thing I tried was going into the autosync list and editing where each kind of file goes (music, playlists, audiobooks, podcast subscriptions) but those settings never seem to save.

I found a bit of code o nthe net to put in the sync tracs to in the device configuration tab that goes like this

If(<Genre>=Podcast,\Podcasts\) $If(<Genre>=Audiobook,\Audiobooks\,\Music\)<Album> \ <Title> in the Device Configuration tab.

This is getting closer. It's putting the audiobooks in the audiobooks folder, the music in the Music folder but it puts the podcasts in \podcasts\music\

Does anyone know the right syntax for an if/else? or another way to get MM to do what I want?
Lowlander

Re: Syncing files to different folders

Post by Lowlander »

If(<Genre>=Podcast,\Podcasts\,$If(<Genre>=Audiobook,\Audiobooks\,\Music\))<Album> \ <Title> should do it correctly.
Xilocient

Post by Xilocient »

Works like a charm. Thanks Lowlander!
Xilocient

Post by Xilocient »

Update: My files are all ending up in the right place now, but every time i want to sync, Media Monkey wants to delete a bunch of my music and all of my podcasts from my device, then recopy them. If i tell MM not to delete the files, it just overwrites the existing files.

I listen to a lot of podcasts and want to be able to automatically delete podcasts that i've listened to (haven't had much success with this) or to just sync with the list I have locally on my computer. Automatic syncing my music and audiobooks would also be nice, but I can do that manually if need be.

Is the only way to do this to tell MM to sync only my podcasts, automatically delete ones not in the library (excluding music and audiobook folders)? or am I missing something...
DickDiver

Post by DickDiver »

This is not working for me:

If(<Genre>=Podcast,\Podcasts\,$If(<Genre>=Audiobook,\Audiobooks\,\Music\))<Album> \ <Title>

I use Sansa Fuze and do not know why it does not work :(

I have bound to wdm... not generic USB driver. Can some one please explain why the above could work or not?

And how do you accomplish what Xilo asked? This is the most important function we need for podcasts and well I need that too.

What be so great to get that running with MM.
Joe Dell Dell