Album Art

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Album Arts are not useless at all. Lets not forget that they are also art, although not music. I can remember my self, not long ago, when i was going for my weekly visit in the record store that i was almost always picking which albums to preview by their cover. Offcourse, if a knew an artist and liked him/her, i would always listen to his/her CDs even if i didn't like the album art, but nevetheless it was the album cover that was making the first impression back at those days.

Ofcourse today, a lot of ppl (including me) dont do that anymore. Today, i am 2 clicks away from previewing and/or acquiring almost any song so i dont bother with Album covers so much. But when do you feel better? When you sit relaxed in your couch to listen to your favorite cd, and at the same time you actually hold the CD case and look at its cover and inlays or when you have no other optical reference for what you are listening besides its filename???
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Hear hear! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
julzcompufreek

Post by julzcompufreek »

Yes, very wisely spoken.
Julian aka julzcompufreek
"Dancing is a contact sport; football is a Hitting sport." - Vince Lombardi
Visit My Blog - http://kompufreak.wordpress.com
Peke

Post by Peke »

I completly know what are you talking about psyxonova, there is les and less those times when I under dim lighting listen my favorite CD and along the songs are playing I read lyrics from CD Inplay or looking at cover imagining it in real life.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
pah68

Post by pah68 »

I though only I did that :wink:
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

It is a common practice for me to re-evaluate, every now and then, all those "things" (and by things I mean almost everything, from people to software) that i live with in my everyday life.
This way, i can fall in love even more with my girlfriend, respect even more my friends but also to get rid of everything that is not good for me.
When it comes to re-evalluating MM i have to consider a lot of factors but everytime the result is the same: among all, the most important reason i use this software is its community! I dont say that MM is not good as a software, IMO it's the best music software out there, but it is the community that makes the difference.
I love listening to your opinions and experience and i am excited by the fact that i share so many of them with you!!!

PS. I am not drunk or "high" in anyway :lol:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Are you sure you're not? :lol:
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Yes I am ....
Image Image