Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

dypsis

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by dypsis »

OK. Fixed.
I had to do it twice because my options to select were blank. So I had to guess.
But now I have 2 entries of each track again. :(
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

I just did the whole procedure again, and I still get 2 entries for every track.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

You may consider moving this out of the Backup 5.8 thread since this no longer has anything to do with the script.

First, do you still have the orignal backup files? If so, I would uninstall MM, delete all MM folders on your computer (except for your MM Backup, of course), and then start over doing a manual restore from scratch as I instructed a few posts ago. If you no longer have your backup, then here are some other options.

Are both links valid? Or is one dead? If so, you can run the check for dead links and remove them that way. Go to /Library/Files to Edit/ Dead Links in the left hand pane of the MediaMonkey Explorer. You will see a list of Tracks that are inaccessible because they have either been moved or deleted.

But like I said, you may want to start another thread in the MM General Help forum. Please reference the link once you have it.
--
The gpzbc
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

I have done a clean install a number of times now.
Both links are valid. One track appears new with no play count or last played date, and the other is the one with the played info that I want.
I think it is a Backup problem to a degree, but I think what is now happening is the Change Drive-ID script is creating a whole new set of tracks and because I have already restored the backup, it doesn't know that and gives me another set of tracks, but I can always start a new thread.

The problem seems to be that I have not only done a clean install on a new hard drive, but my music also has a new hard drive.
I have just built a new computer. I have 2 hard drives. C: & D:

I have made a new thread in the "Help" section.
Thanks to everyone who offered help.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

My suggestion would be to:

1. delete mm.db file, not the original backup one but the restored one.
2. copy the original mm.db to the location that mm is looking for.
3. use the move device script to change the location to the new hard drive.
4. open MM to make sure everything is as it should be. If it is and you are still missing the playcounts/playhistory.
5. use Zvezdand's Restore Playhistory script to recover the playcounts/playhistory from the original backup.

All should be well now. As a side note I think your problems stem from the fact that you have the files on a different hard drive then the one they were on when the backup was created. Remember MM does not recognize the music based on drive letter but the hard drive id. Hopefully this should fix you right up.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

nynaevelan wrote:Oh one other thing, what directory is MM installed in? On my 64 bit it wanted to install it into the ...\Program Files (x86)\ directory, but that caused several problems with some of my scripts. So I uninstalled it and installed it into the ..\Program Files\ folder and all was well.
Wait a second! What a great idea! If I uninstall and then reinstall into Program Files, will I have to do anything else or will everything, database, etc. be as it was?
Stop Button Freak
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Vyper wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:Oh one other thing, what directory is MM installed in? On my 64 bit it wanted to install it into the ...\Program Files (x86)\ directory, but that caused several problems with some of my scripts. So I uninstalled it and installed it into the ..\Program Files\ folder and all was well.
Wait a second! What a great idea! If I uninstall and then reinstall into Program Files, will I have to do anything else or will everything, database, etc. be as it was?
You might have to use the registry.vbs file since it will be looking for everything in the Program Files folder, I am not sure because I never had any of my backups looking for the x86 folder. But before opening MM, I would suggest opening the ini file and removing the x86 directory in there.

Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Okay, thanks. :)
Stop Button Freak
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I'm having some trouble with this script and as background the problems started with this;
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=53640

When I start up MM, I get an error message stating "Permission Denied" concerning ....\Scripts\Auto Backup (it's hard to read the rest of the message as it's hidden behind the splash screen). I get this message with the Backup script installed or uninstalled. Now when I try to install the script, I get an error and "Permission Denied".

If I uninstall the Backup script, should Abackup and Abackup2 remain? Do I delete those and start over?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You need to "run as administrator" otherwise several parts of this script will fail to run, as it won't have access to create/copy/delete the files it needs to.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Understood, always run MM as administrator.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

RRFPacker:

You can avoid this by uninstalling MM and then reinstalling as an admin. Or by right clicking the Mediamonkey.exe file and select properties, then select Compatibility tab and checking the "Run this program as administrator" in the Privilege Level section. This way your scripts will always run as they should.

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

nyn,

I will try your suggestion if I don't fix this another way. I always run MM as admin; right click on .exe, click run as administrator (only then do I install scripts). Your way means I won't have to go thru the extra step each time.

What I'm trying to say is, after mistakenly renaming the db as MMDBoff, both the database and ini, by default I guess, moved to the C drive from R drive and I started getting these errors; sometimes it's Backup sometimes it's ABackup or Abackup2. Now even though I have both db and ini back on the R drive, I keep getting some kind of back up error upon start up.

Are you saying I need to uninstall MM so the "links" can reconnect? I've updated to the latest MM. Does that change anything? Thank you again for your help.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Have you looked in the ini file to make sure the backup section has the info pointing to the right place? Or maybe trying to uninstall backup, close MM, delete all the settings from the ini file, then reopen MM and reinstall the backup. I might have missed it, did this just start with the latest version??

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Latest update.

I uninstalled Backup and with the help of a friend found Abackup and Abackup2 shortcuts in some out of the way place on the C drive (C:\Program Files.....Roaming\MediaMonkey). Deleted those. For the first time the Abackup and Abackup2 scripts disappeared out of the scripts folder. MM now saves database information and all is well there.

Now if I try to install any Backup scripts (version 5.4 was the last to install properly and now it won't) I get permission denied errors but the scripts seem to install. And if I shut down MM and reopen I get the permission denied errors concerning ....\Auto\Backup.vbs.

I can't say these problems started with version 5.8 as I wasn't running it. I always wait a while before installing the latest version of this script as I always seem to have issues with it and I watch the forum. But now even 5.4 won't install and I had it installed before.

Below is my MM ini Backup information without a backup script installed. On a side note, is it not possible to save/direct the EDir to my R drive?

When you day delete settings in the ini file which settings to you mean?

[MMBackup]
Auto=0
Mdbc=1
Inic=1
Scrc=1
Bakc=1
Zipc=1
Bdir=R:\MediaMonkey\Backup\Current\111810\
Zdir=R:\MediaMonkey\Backup\mmbackup.zip
Dlay=200
Size=1
Shut=0