Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix with MM 2.x

Post by Bex »

nachtgieger wrote:Seems to be great, would like to use it but I need to keep MM 2 because of its compatibility with MS Access. Can I use Advanced Duplicate F&F with my MM 2.5.5? Even parts of it, like the PUID generator would be useful. Or are the tags that MM writes into the MP3 files compatible so that I can read all my files into a second MM 3 and use MM2 and MM3 side by side?
Sorry, but the script only works with MM3. There's no PUID-generator in the script, that's another script.
Yes, almost all tags should be compatible (but not custom4-5) so that should be possible.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
iamsid

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.6.2 (2010-04-07)

Post by iamsid »

Sorry if this is covered elswhere, but is there a way to assign a hotkey / keyboard shortcut to PASTING the metadata (similar to the way copy metadata is set up as ctrl+shift+c)? For instance, I currently have and AutoAction configured and would love to be able to use a keyboard shortcut to execute it rather than the right click method....

Thanks in advance.

Sid
Bex

Post by Bex »

It should be possible, I'll put it on the todo list.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Mr Pink

Post by Mr Pink »

Bex wrote:Duplicate content shows identical files, i.e. the file fingerprint is identical.
The standard duplicate title node shows files where the Title and Artist in the tag are the same.
Is there a way to merge playlist entries and play count for songs with duplicate titles?

Also, i find it hard to believe that out of the 550 duplicate titles that I have, that none have the same fingerprint. My duplicate content node still shows 0. Is it possible that the fingerprint hashes are not calculating correctly?
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Is there a way to merge playlist entries and play count for songs with duplicate titles?
Copy/Paste Metadata will do this.
Also, i find it hard to believe that out of the 550 duplicate titles that I have, that none have the same fingerprint. My duplicate content node still shows 0. Is it possible that the fingerprint hashes are not calculating correctly?
File fingerprint is unreliable, any difference in metadata or encoding will give a different fingerprint. You need to get PUID's for the tracks and compare by PUID.

See PUID Generator script for more info.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Bex

Post by Bex »

The file fingerprint only works 100% correctly for mp3 files since when they are analysed the tag is not considered, for other filetypes the tag are unfortunately included meaning that if the files are identical except for the tag, they will get different file fingerprint hash. The dev's have said that they will improve this in the future. Hopefully we will see a change in the upcoming MM4.

All My Scripts
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

Great stuff bex!

Would it be possible to add the Grouping field to the Find More From Same - Custom Search?

Cheers,

stan9980
Bex

Post by Bex »

Sure, it will be in the next version!

All My Scripts
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

Brilliant thanks bex! :D
brute cake

Post by brute cake »

Hi, I'm in a need of a little help.. Through a long and rather convoluted process, I've managed to create a whole bunch of duplicates in my mm library. Now I'm trying to purge my system of these duplicates, but I've run into a problem: a portion of the duplicates are the result of 2 separate files in my music directory [ie. 1 - Ghost.mp3; and 1 - Ghost(2).mp3] and the other portion is the result of one file pointing to 2 different songs in my library. Therefore, I'm needing a way to be able to discern between these two scenarios, so that I can delete from my library and my computer the "2-files duplicates" and just delete from my library the "1-file-2-library-entries duplicates".

thanks in advance, I've already wasted a day and half on this problem.

-Brent
Bex

Post by Bex »

It sounds that you want to keep the oldest record in the database unless it isn't a Dead link. I think this might work:
1. Create a static playlist of all your dead links which you find in "Files to edit->Dead links". Add the playlist to a filter.
2. Search for the duplicates in the script
3. Click the "Create Keep/Delete Suggestion"-node with this KEEP criteria:
- Not in Filter from point 1
- Oldest DateAdded
- Lowest SongID
4. As a test, select one or two tracks in the "Delete Suggestion"-node, right click and select "Delete selected and/or transfer their playstat" and transfer all and delete.
5. If it now looks good, do the rest

All My Scripts
brute cake

Post by brute cake »

Thanks for your response, Bex. While that wasn't quite what I was asking, your suggestion got me thinking in the right direction. And apparently approaching the problem once again several days later did the trick.Thank you!
brute cake

Post by brute cake »

Ok.. so apparently my enthusiasm was a bit premature. I haven't figured anything out it would seem. So I'll try and explain my problem in a different way:
As I mentioned before I have duplicates which have arisen from 2 different scenarios. Scenario 1 is that in the album folder (music is organized in my file system: Artist->Album) I have track.mp3 and track(2).mp3. So two different files, therefore 2 MM library entries. Scenario 2 is that MM is listing Song.mp3 twice as 1.Song and 1.Song, but only one file exists in my file system...

Scenario 1: Track.mp3 & Track(2).mp3 --> Track & Track
Scenario 2: Track.mp3 --> Track & Track

So when creating keep/delete suggestion nodes (using parameters 1.Oldest DateAdded and 2.Lowest SongID), Advanced Duplicate find and fix considers tracks that are file system duplicates (scenario 1) and library duplicates (scenario 2) to be the same. Therefore applying "delete from library and computer" will completely remove albums from scenario 2, rather than just the library duplicates. On the other hand, if I was to just "delete from library only" i would end up with a bunch of duplicates in my file system that simply take up space.

So what I need is a way to discern between these scenarios, so that I can apply "delete from library and computer" to scenario 1, and "delete from library only" to scenario 2.

I hope this helps, it seems to be a pretty confusing issue to explain.
-Brent
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Library->Files to Edit->Dead Links will find all files in library and missing from file system

Search->Advanced:
"Path/Filename" contains "(2)" (Without the quotes) should find the file system duplicates.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
landowin

Post by landowin »

Sorry if this has been brought up before...

But I can't seem to get this script running, or any for that matter.

I'm getting that product installation error.

I'm running windows 7, 64-bit.
I'm running the latest availible version of media-monkey.
I've tried just running the file, and i've also pasted the file in the scrips folder.
Nada.

Any tips on what i might be missing?
Windows 7 doesn't really have a "run-as-admin" function.