Similar Artists 2.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

trixmoto wrote:- Fixed "navigate to new playlist" not working recursively
I am glad this feature is now working for sub-playlists. Thank you for another great script. :P 8) :P

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
andrew1

Post by andrew1 »

When i go to change the default options of the Similar Artists (1.5) causes MM3 to freeze and lock up
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This must be caused by the code which builds the list of playlist names. I wonder, do you have multiple playlists with the same names?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Trix - a request and a bug...

-the request - give us a button or some other way to refresh the playlist once created. I've created some similar artists playlists, but have since acquired new songs that belong in the previously created playlist. It would be nice to be able to automatically refresh without having to track down the seed artist and re-create the playlist. Perhaps a button in the Tools/Options panel?

-the bug - it's minor...but... if I try to refresh a similar artist playlist by selecting the seed artist from within the playlist for that seed artist then run the script, it deletes all songs from the playlist, but then gives an "Error executing script event". Then the progress bar is left at "Similar Artists: Processing artist..." As a guess, you're not capturing the seed artist early enough, as it's deleted when the playlist is cleared?

thanks in advance for this and all your other scripts. Not only great adds to MM, but great learning tools for me as I develop my own scripts.

~One
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'll take a look at the bug and see what I can do about the request as well! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nynaevelan

Re: Similar Artists 1.5 [MM2+3]

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi TM:

Is it possible you would consider taking this script to "the next level"? What I mean is, can it be optimized to include other options besides the artist's name, such as genre, additional albums etc... And instead of ratings, can the playcount be used as a criteria for the tracks which are selected?
Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've added it to my list, but I'm not getting much time for scripting these days so don't hold your breathe! :)
Ashran

Post by Ashran »

I am quite interested in this script, but I was wandering how to customise it. I have no knowledge of programming. So what do I have to change exactly to increase the number of similar artists processed. Right now it gives me five similar artists. I wish to have a least 10, preferably 20 while limiting to let's say 10 tracks by artists. Is it possible ?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Tools > Options > SimilarArtists Settings
Ashran

Post by Ashran »

Thank you, I didn't see the options... Now i do feel a bit stupid :p

Post by Guest »

Hey trixmoto, would it be possible to tag these Similar Artists results into one of the Custom ID3 tags that MediaMonkey has? If you could push me in the right direction in terms of how to code it (or if you have a spare moment to do it for me? :D ), it would be much appreciated. This is one thing that Last.FM is pretty much never wrong about, and I think it would be a useful addition.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm not really sure what you're after here. You want to store a list of artists similar to the track artist, in every single track? If so, this is totally unnormalised and will lead to a lot of repetition of data and general inaccuracies that go along with that. Also, if there are multiple artists for the track you want to list of all of the similar artists of all of the artists presumbly? This could be a very long list. I think if anything this would need to be held at the artist level, not the track level.
kspanks04

Post by kspanks04 »

This script is awesome thank you! I wonder if it'd be possible to use Pandora's similar artist connections? Pandora is much better at matching artists than Last.fm in my opinion. Also, it would be really cool to be able to select multiple artists and create one playlist based on several artists.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I'm glad you like the script. Unfortunately I can't use Pandora because I'm in the UK...
We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.
Vodka Fusion

Re: Similar Artists 1.5 - Updated 11/04/2008

Post by Vodka Fusion »

Hi Trixmoto

Firstly thanks for all your great work with these scripts, I am new to media monkey and all these script have made media monkey an exceptional player. Now when I saw this thread I was actually hoping that it would provide similar artist data back to media monkey for artist that I do not have. I know I can log into last.fm for this but do you think it is possible to create a script that could send back similar artist data, maybe in the comments field. I have absolutly no programing skills so I have no idea if this is possible. Thanks.