Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

stan9980

Re: Monkey Rok 5.1 - Updated 24/03/2010

Post by stan9980 »

Great work trixmoto!

One question though, in the "favourite tracks by" section would it be possible to sort the generated list by play count?

Seeing a 5 star track that I've played 10 times appear above another 5 star track that I've played 35 times seems a little odd. Just a thought.

Cheers,

stan9980
RoyP

Post by RoyP »

First, trixmoto, MR really looks like a super addon. I've browsed the forums for a few hours today-wow.

It's not working for me using the regular free MM ~ is that all I should need?

I see a red X through the album picture and weird, overlapping rendering of the expected controls under the blue Monkey Rok 5.1 bar at the top of the now playing window.

I could email an image of what I see but I don't know how to post it on this forum.

But really this is the question that would allow me to decide whether to pursue this-I have many image files in the album folder along with the mp3's of the album ~ they are the liner notes booklet of the album, scanned. The question is whether the album art display of Monkey Rok will show all these image files, or would allow to page through them. I am looking for the old experience of playing the album while looking at its liner notes, that's why.

thanks,
RoyP
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@stan9980 - ok, good idea, I'll add this to the next version.

@RoyP - thanks. Yes, you should only need the free version. Which skin are you using? There is an "all" option in the "artwork mode" which rotates through all the images automatically. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
RoyP

Post by RoyP »

trixmoto ~ couple things based on my reading of the No-No's: I'm using the classic skin and this is my first install of MR, not an upgrade. Nothing there from v. 4 to clear out. I have made the registry patch to give the ActiveX permission. I am using Windows 7.

I went to a Win XP SP3 system and installed Monkey and MR and it worked great! So my next question aside from what looks like Win 7 compatibility issues.. is whether we can get some finer control on that cycling window of album art files. They are, for my system, the complete liner notes and I'd like to make them larger on the screen and then be able to page through them using the mouse button; be able to resize that enlarged window, and the like-Is there any prognosis on these sorts of requests? :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you click on the album artwork image in the top left then you get the artwork popup, which will be sized to match the image. If there is multiple artwork you can flip through the images using the up and down keys on the mouse. This popup window is resizable. Does that about cover it? :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

One other small bug, trixmoto. The "Top 10 Artists Played" section in the statistics screen isn't sorted by play count, or by anything at all looking at it.

Cheers,

stan9980
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Hmm, there's definitely something up with it, I'll take a look in the next version.

Has anyone noticed that the statistics is now loaded in sections though? Do people think this looks better or really don't care?
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

trixmoto wrote:Has anyone noticed that the statistics is now loaded in sections though? Do people think this looks better or really don't care?
Yeah, I prefer the sections.
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

I had noticed as well, I like it. It makes it seem quicker, no idea whether it is, but that's the impression I get.

stan9980
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Trix, an alternate source of embedable video is the last.fm artist video page.
e.g. http://www.last.fm/music/Ella%2BFitzger ... ng/+videos

You can get to the same place by following the Biography more information link, but, if you are looking for "feeds" it is another source.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

dypsis wrote:
trixmoto wrote:Has anyone noticed that the statistics is now loaded in sections though? Do people think this looks better or really don't care?
Yeah, I prefer the sections.
Ditto. It takes a lot of processing to generate Statistics so having something to read while it is in process makes the whole process seem quicker.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The statistics are actually no displaying approximately 100-500ms slower overall, but because you get the first section almost straight away you don't notice that the whole screen is actually taking longer. I've been learning UI tricks! :)

@Owyn - thanks, I'll take a look.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

I have noticed that when you have "All" selected in the MonkeyRok album art, if you click on the album cover in the tracklist below, the album cover that is currently being displayed above is displayed instead of the front cover that is always displayed in the tracklist.

Is this the intended functionality?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well it's the caching that's causing the behaviour. Not specifically intended, do you think it should be changed?
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

trixmoto wrote:Well it's the caching that's causing the behaviour. Not specifically intended, do you think it should be changed?
If it was my decision, I would just have it open the cover that is being displayed. And that is the front cover.
I can click on the covers above if I want to see others as I have it set to "All".