Devices known to synch correctly

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Becvar

Re: Devices known to synch correctly

Post by Becvar »

I have an iPhone 3g with 3.0.1 software, and MM is telling me the firmware is incompatible.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Beta plugin that works with firmware 3.x is available at:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=41916

Just download and replace the old d_iPod.dll file in C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Plugins\
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
jenglish724

Post by jenglish724 »

this may sound stupid but i figured i would ask.

I am going to be hooking up an external hard drive to my car stereo here shortly. now, is there a way to get media monkey to sync my hard drive so i wont have to drag n drop new cd's or songs i will be adding to the HDD.

thanks !
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

jenglish724 wrote:this may sound stupid but i figured i would ask.

I am going to be hooking up an external hard drive to my car stereo here shortly. now, is there a way to get media monkey to sync my hard drive so i wont have to drag n drop new cd's or songs i will be adding to the HDD.

thanks !
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ve#p203368

awgriffey

Post by awgriffey »

The Palm Pre does not work correctly with the latest version on MediaMonkey. It shows up as a USB device, takes hours to sync 800 songs, won't sync album artwork, and has caused my Windows 7 system to go to the blue screen of death at least 5 times in the last day. Is anyone having success using the Pre with MediaMonkey? If so what did you do to make it work? I may have to go back to dragging tracks to my Pre as a USB device.
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

Guest wrote:Thought my first post would be to confirm that Pioneer's Inno seems to play nice with MM. Turned off by the lack of functionality with the included XM+Napster software I've been exploring other software options and MM is growing on me.

Auto Sync, playlists and so on all seem to be working as expected. I'm not experiencing any less functionality then I have with the XM+Napster software.
Just trying out MM after an iPod 160GB was left under the Christmas tree for me.... Though I no longer subscribe to XM, I synced my podcasts only to the Inno's 500MB partition. More than enough room for a few episodes of daily/weekly NPR blogs and programs, and MM's ability to sync both devices has me reaching for my wallet.

Now if MM could sync and use the 1GB card in my Nokia 6682 phone....
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

I have a Philips Gogear SA5285BT/02.
Works fine with MM.... except for one strange issue. I have automatic playlists, based on playcount. Syncronizing such a playlist with my GoGear goes well. But when I sync again, the playcount in MM is updated for about every other song. I mean: one song has its playcount updated, and the next one hasn't, the third one has, the fourth one hasn't etc. Is there a remedy for this? Is it a bug - in MM or in my GoGear?
Regards, Willy
sanders.jms

Post by sanders.jms »

No Zune?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

sanders.jms wrote:No Zune?
Nope, Zune is a closed format and it can't be synced with any media application other than the Zune software. Even WMP can't sync with the Zune.

NocturnalOne

Post by NocturnalOne »

Hi,

Nokia is listed as a supported device but my 5800 only works partially with MM. It always copies all files instead of only copying new ones. That's a rather basic piece of functionality. I'd flag Nokia as 'partially supported' until this is resolved. Playlists work but only if the device is connected in PC Suite mode. If it's connected in mass storage mode the playlists are not recognized by the Nokia and apparently erased.

Sander
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

NocturnalOne wrote:Hi,

Nokia is listed as a supported device but my 5800 only works partially with MM. It always copies all files instead of only copying new ones. That's a rather basic piece of functionality.
It's probably rather a problem with your PC or specific settings in general. I don't think most users have that problem.

chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> I don't think most users have that problem.

I have that problem on playlists.
Chris
NocturnalOne

Post by NocturnalOne »

nohitter151 wrote:
NocturnalOne wrote:Hi,

Nokia is listed as a supported device but my 5800 only works partially with MM. It always copies all files instead of only copying new ones. That's a rather basic piece of functionality.
It's probably rather a problem with your PC or specific settings in general. I don't think most users have that problem.
Really? You have a 5800 to try this with and it works fine for you? Any other Symbian Xpressmusic phone perhaps? What is wrong with my PC? Which specific settings should I modify?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

NocturnalOne wrote:
Really? You have a 5800 to try this with and it works fine for you? Any other Symbian Xpressmusic phone perhaps? What is wrong with my PC? Which specific settings should I modify?
Yes, no, no, not sure, check this: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... 13&nav=0,1, and the track destination in the device settings, look at the links I've posted, etc.

I see several other posts about this device which haven't described the particular problem you mention, so that led me to my conclusion about it being specific to you:
http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic. ... nokia+5800

I think its unwise to declare "X and Y doesn't work" before you check what other users have posted and also without providing some good evidence of the problem.

NocturnalOne

Post by NocturnalOne »

Alright, tried a few more things along with reading the docs :)

1- automatic sync works but is not intuitive to new users (has to be enabled separately in the options)
2- drop 'n drag sync of playlists onto the device node works but not user friendly IMO (with a full explorer this quickly becomes cumbersome)
3- right click on a play list->send to->Nokia 5800 Memory Card (Synchronize) copies but does not synchronize. To me this is obvious way to sync a playlist and it does not work.
4- synchronizing in 'mass storage' mode does not sync playlists (Nokia problem I imagine)

Behavior 3 is per the documentation (it says send to always copies) but not as expected give that it says 'synchronize'. It also different from Winamp which does synchronize when you send a playlist to a device. Of course MM can implement whatever they want but POLS should apply. It would be nice if either MM would sync in this case or if that's not desired/possible remove the 'synchronize' from the menu item.
I think its unwise to declare "X and Y doesn't work" before you check what other users have posted and also without providing some good evidence of the problem.
As far as 'evidence' is concerned, clearly MM does not intend to sync when using 'send to' so the behavior I was seeing was as intended but misleading due to the 'synchronize' in the menu entry. If you know the product so well that you can put down newbies why not simply point out that 'send to' is not meant to sync?

Thanks for pointing out the automatic sync. Sorry for not reading the manual first.