Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Colton

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.5.2 (2009-07-10)

Post by Colton »

I have windows 7, and I can't run the file as administrator by right clicking it.... I keep getting Product installation error...
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

M$ removed that is Win7, try running it from the Run menu.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
DasKraut

Post by DasKraut »

Bex,

Is it possible to add an option to Advanced Duplicate Find that would limit it to listing duplicates only when they exceeded a certain number? This would be useful when just checking for duplicate titles. For instance, if I wanted to only list files where I had more than 10 songs with the same title (even though by different artists), I would then be able to enter the number "10" in the option. I can always scroll through the list manually checking the count you supply already but with a long list it is easy to miss such occurrences.

In any case, I'm getting a lot of use out of this add-on. Thank you for your efforts.

Ken
Bex

Post by Bex »

DasKraut wrote:Bex,

Is it possible to add an option to Advanced Duplicate Find that would limit it to listing duplicates only when they exceeded a certain number? This would be useful when just checking for duplicate titles. For instance, if I wanted to only list files where I had more than 10 songs with the same title (even though by different artists), I would then be able to enter the number "10" in the option. I can always scroll through the list manually checking the count you supply already but with a long list it is easy to miss such occurrences.

In any case, I'm getting a lot of use out of this add-on. Thank you for your efforts.

Ken
Yes that would be possible, I'll put it on my todo list! :)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
-ZEEBEE-

Post by -ZEEBEE- »

Brilliant script. Thanks!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thank you, -ZEEBEE-! :)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
kdeemer

Post by kdeemer »

This looks like a great script, but I'm having two problems.

1. When I run a Custom Duplicate Search, it finds lots of results, but there is no 'Create Keep/Delete Suggestion' entry. How do I enable this?

2. If I run a custom search for entries with the same Artist, Album Artist, Album, Title, and Track #, it doesn't find all of them. Specifically, I usually don't file Albums in separate folders but rather, for example, MP3S\Red Hot Chili Peppers\Red Hot Chili Peppers-Californication-01-Around The World.mp3. ADF&F will find all duplicates of albums such as Dir1\Red Hot Chili Peppers\Red Hot Chili Peppers\Californication\01-Around The World.mp3; Dir2\Red Hot Chili Peppers\Red Hot Chili Peppers\Californication\01-Around The World.mp3; etc., but it won't identify the one without the separate album directory as a duplicate. The tags are the same and MM considers them to be duplicate albums, but ADF&F doesn't.

Any suggestions??

Thanks
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hi kdeemer,

1. You should see a "Create Keep/Delete Suggestion Nodes"-Node. Do you mean that it's not there? Can you provide a screen shot?

2. Then I guess that the tags are not 100% identical. Can you provide a screen shot here too?

All My Scripts
kdeemer

Post by kdeemer »

Thanks for the quick reply.
1. Correct. There is no Keep/Delete node. I just reinstalled the script, but no change. Here is a screen shot (not sure the best way to insert these)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23444316@N00/4231900858/

2. Here is another screen shot. ADFF finds the first two instances of this album, but not the third. I even went in and manually re-tagged the Artist, Album Artist, and Album fields of all of the tracks. I note that the third instance has a "-" in the file name, between the Track# and Title, but wouldn't think this would make a difference. And I have thousands of tracks in this format that need to be screened for duplicates, so I'm hoping there is a way for ADFF fo find them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23444316@N ... 6/sizes/o/

Many Thanks

One more curiosity. If I perform a Custom Search using only Same Artist and Same Album, it returns only 15 results. If I use Same Artist, Album Artist, Album, and Title, it returns hundreds. I would think that the less restrictive criteria would return more. What am I missing?
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

I am not seeing the same problem. Noticed that your screen shot shows "No Filter" while on my system it is showing "MM Active Filter", which happens to be normally set to "None(Show All Tracks)"
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
kdeemer

Post by kdeemer »

Just to be sure, I changed the filter to MM Active (which is None) and there was no change. Also, FWIW, I'm running ADF&F 3.5.2, MM 3.2.0.1294, and XP Home SP2.
Bex

Post by Bex »

1. I see that you're using the "Group by Folder-nodes" mode. Unfortunately it doesn't have a "Create keep/delete suggestion nodes" option, it was too complicated to get that to work.

2. In folder mode it looks for "identical" folders so I guess that the "folder" you don't see is different in some way compared to the others?

You can try to use the "Group by Track-nodes" instead.
One more curiosity. If I perform a Custom Search using only Same Artist and Same Album, it returns only 15 results. If I use Same Artist, Album Artist, Album, and Title, it returns hundreds. I would think that the less restrictive criteria would return more. What am I missing?
And you are using the same Group By mode for both searches?

All My Scripts
kdeemer

Post by kdeemer »

Thanks. Sorting by Tracks seems to be the answer. Now, having done that, it would be really nice if I could specify a path or directory in the keep criteria. I have a master library and would prefer to keep the files in that directory if all other criteria are equal. I see that I could use the date added as a work around, but that would involve resetting the dates on 75,000 files every time I do a merge. Any suggestions?

Thanks for you help.

Ken
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, you can specify path/directory in a Filter which you then use as a KEEP criteria!

All My Scripts
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Hi,

I have used this script for years, it's one of my must-haves.

However, I just installed MM fresh on a new computer and moved my old database and music over to it, and now the script won't work.

When reinstalling it, I get the error message:
There was a problem querying the database:
Error executing SQL "INSERT INTO TmpRatings VALUES( 6,15,10,'?)
" : unrecognized token: '"?)
" (1, 1)
Clicking Retry yields the same message, but with other values in the parenthesis.
Clicking Cancel gives me this message:
Error # -2147418113 - SongsDB.SDBDatabase
Error executing SQL "INSERT INTO TmpRatings VALUES( 6,15,10,'?)
" : unrecognized token: '"?)
" (1, 1)
File: "[path to the script]", Line: 415,
Column: 2
This is with a regular Win XP installation, MM 3.2.0.1294 and version 3.5.2.118 of the script.
Any ideas?