Remote Control of Media Monkey

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ddearth

Remote Control of Media Monkey

Post by ddearth »

I am very happy with Media Monkey so far, but I listen on the patio, in the living room, etc. I'd really like to control the music from my Blackberry. Does anyone know of a remote control for media monkey or blackberry?
Thanks,
Dave
paulmt

Re: Remote Control of Media Monkey

Post by paulmt »

There is an app for itouch\iphone devices called iMonkey produced by Melloware

I'm not sure if they have developed anything for the Blackberry or not or if they would if you asked....
MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304 Gold Lifetime
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Backups by Karens Replicator v3.5.12,
cmx

Post by cmx »

While it might be cumbersome compared to a BB or iphone....you CAN utilize any laptop or other computer in the house...or maybe soon...tablets....

Eric Milles has a small application called "Remote Speakers" ( http://emilles.dyndns.org/software/out_apx.html )that integrates an output.dll for MM that connects to Apple Aiport/Airport Express devices that can be installed on a home wireless network. Once setup you can forget it. MM will automatically connect and playback through the Airport and you can control volume at MM as usual.

I have an Airport Express (~$100) connected to an Aux input on my sound system. MM can connect wirelessly via local network from any laptop or computer with MM and Remote Speakers installed...as long as the music files are available to the calling MM. I have my music on NAS, but if they are on another computer as long it is on and the files are shared on the local network- any machine with MM and RS could play them back.
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

paulmt wrote:There is an app for itouch\iphone devices called iMonkey produced by Melloware

I'm not sure if they have developed anything for the Blackberry or not or if they would if you asked....
We have also added Google Android to remote control MM..

http://melloware.com/products/monkeytunes/
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
gds

Post by gds »

Firely from SnapStream Media will control the basics (pause,play,fast forward,reverse,skip,back).
The Firefly is a remote control and an IR receiver (which plugs into a USB port). No software to download, just plug the IR receiver into the computer and it works. I had my Logitech Harmony remote 'learn' from the Firefly remote.
There are 2 versions: Firefly Mini (around $20) and the Firefly (around $40).
Peke

Post by Peke »

I personally have 4 of them, ATi Remote Wonder, Cyberlink Remote, Diamond MCE Remote and MS Win MCE Remote. all work perfectly with MM. For ATI as my preferred I even made Custom Driver designed for MediaMonkey Directly.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts