How do I send all podcasts to a single folder?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

WMEades

How do I send all podcasts to a single folder?

Post by WMEades »

I have a Sansa clip. I'd like for all my podcasts to sync to either the podcasts folder that is already on the Clip, or on a podcasts folder under the music folder. I just want to be able to go to one single folder and listen to one podcast after another.

Thanks for any help...

wme
nohitter151

Re: How do I send all podcasts to a single folder?

Post by nohitter151 »

In the "Device configuration" tab of the settings for your device, use a mask like this:

$If(<Genre>=Podcast,\Podcast\,\Music\)<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2> <Title>

(The important part being the first part) - the rest you can have however you prefer:

Code: Select all

$If(<Genre>=Podcast,\Podcast\,\Music\)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
sasquatchking

Post by sasquatchking »

I use the follwing code to make my audiobooks and podcasts go into the correct folder on my sansa fuze:

$If(<Genre>=Podcast,\Podcasts\) $If(<Genre>=Audiobook,\Audiobooks\,\Music\)<Album>\<Artist> - <Track#> - <Title>
ctb

Post by ctb »

Proper Code for a Zen X-Fi & possibly others.
Audiobooks & Podcasts go to the defined folders, & everything else goes to "Music" - all of which are located in the upper-most directory level of the player.

Code: Select all

$If(<Genre>=Podcast,\Podcast\, $If(<Genre>=Audiobook,\Audiobooks\,\Music\))<Artist>\<Album>\<Title>
(Seems to work - well for me at least. Spent a few hours digging around the forums to cobble it together)
DickDiver

Post by DickDiver »

CTB

that is exactly I was looking for for ages! Many thanks!
Joe Dell Dell
DickDiver

Post by DickDiver »

Now

all that is left is a way got get SansaMonkey working with MediaMonkay and SansaFuze on Rockox so I can SYNC my running time and stars .
Joe Dell Dell
DickDiver

Post by DickDiver »

I hoped
this

$If(<Genre>=Podcast,\Podcast\, $If(<Genre>=Audiobook,\Audiobooks\,\Music\))<Artist>\<Album>\<Title>

would sync everyything into music except genre audiobook-> folder audiobooks and the same for podcasts.

However newest MediaMonkey syncs only folder.jpg and nothing else with my Sansa Fuze :(

Without that line it syncs at least the mp3s.

Can someone verify if the code works?

Joe Dell Dell
DickDiver

Post by DickDiver »

No more support by the staff or users here?

I am still a V3 MM user but I am at the moment more than frustrated with MM and with its support.

I just want to sync stuff to my mediaplayer in a manner a costly software should make possible but it is not possible.

In more detail I need to sync audiobooks into my folder audiobooks, podcasts to podcasts and the rest into music.
Well, some helpful readers gave some examples in the forum how they made it work but truth is none that works with my mediaplayer.
There is no post by a support team or dev team member who commented ... nada :(

That really sucks since MM is costly, Sansa Fuze is a common media player and listening to podcasts and audiobooks is not so uncommon!!

So how is it intended to work?

Do we have to bind a Fuze player like the Sansa to the generic or specific?

What is the needed code line? I found in this forum several as said but none worked and none was explained deeply. MM states it supports relative and / or absolute paths... So where is the magic?

-------------
$if(<Genre>=Audiobooks,Audiobook\<Artist>,$if(<Genre>=Podcast,Podcasts\<Artist>,$if(<Genre=Soundtrack,Soundtracks\<Album Artist>\<Album>,$MovePrefix(<Album Artist@1>)\<Album Artist>\<Album>)))

\$if(<Genre>=Audiobook,Audiobooks\<Artist>,$if(<Genre>=Podcast,Podcasts\<Artist>,$MovePrefix(<Album Artist@1>)\<Album Artist>\<Album>)))\<Track#:2> - <Title>

\$if(<Genre>=Audiobook,Audiobooks\<Artist>,$if(<Genre>=Podcast,Podcasts\<Artist>,$MovePrefix(<Album Artist@1>)\<Album Artist>\<Album>)))\<Track#:2> - <Title>

$If(<Genre>=Podcast,\Podcast\,\Music\)<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2> <Title>

$If(<Genre>=Podcast,\Podcast\,\Music\)

$If(<Genre>=Podcast,\Podcasts\) $If(<Genre>=Audiobook,\Audiobooks\,\Music\)<Album>\<Artist> - <Track#> - <Title>

Thank you very much
I am looking deeply for help else might happen I burn MediaMonkey.
Joe Dell Dell
konus1

Post by konus1 »

I have an Sansa Clip V1 and was successful with
$If(<Genre>=Podcast,\PODCASTS\,\Music\)<Album Interpret>\<Album>\<Song#:2> <Titel>
and
$If(<Genre>=Podcast,\PODCASTS\<Titel>,\Music\<Album Interpret>\<Album>\<Song#:2> <Titel>)

If in doubt, check the part after the if-statment first by entering only
\Musik\<Album Interpret>\<Album>\<Song#:2> <Titel>