Dead Monkey... installs on Windows 7, but dies at launch

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Breydel2

Re: Dead Monkey... installs on Windows 7, but dies at launch

Post by Breydel2 »

Got this same issue as well now in Windows Vista x64. Latest official MM version (Gold)

I reformatted & installed my PC recently, got Vista and all updates (incl. SP2). MM was working fine for almost a week until today.

I double clicked on a .MOV video file while MM was playing a song. MM prompted me to download and install QuickTime (or some QuickTime plugin, I'm not sure) and I cancelled. I installed QuickTime (while MM was running) and could view that MOV file fine with QuickTime (without rebooting). When I came back to MM it seemed to have that QuickTime install popup again. I cancelled it again. Then my MM just locked up and I got that crash-at-startup with the d_iphone.dll as well. Rebooted 3 times and reinstalled MM, nothing helped.

Is this related to installing QuickTime or something?
Breydel

Post by Breydel »

Update to my post above. This is definately most weird.

I looked where that d_iphone.dll file was located, I had one in both my QuickTime and Media Monkey directories. I renamed the one from the MediaMonkey directory to d_iphone.dll.old and MM doesn't crash anymore on startup.

Definately something to do with having just installed QuickTime. And this is not just a Windows 7 issue since I'm on Vista. :)
GrapeApe

Post by GrapeApe »

Thanks for the post. This also fixed my crash issues after updating iTunes and the iPhone firmware.

Post by Guest »

GrapeApe wrote:Thanks for the post. This also fixed my crash issues after updating iTunes and the iPhone firmware.
On second thought - maybe not. Now MM will not play any mp4 or AAC files. :x
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:Thanks for the post. This also fixed my crash issues after updating iTunes and the iPhone firmware.
On second thought - maybe not. Now MM will not play any mp4 or AAC files. :x
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 45#p221799
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
antigravity

Post by antigravity »

Just to confirm - I've also experienced this problem whilst using Windows 7 RTM.

MM has always worked fine, but I just updated my version of Quicktime, and then couldn't load MM (crashed on startup).

Renamed the iphone dll file, and all is now good.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

No need to confirm there is a problem, as the MM team has known for several days now and has already released the patch which fixes the incompatibility with MM and iTunes 9 / latest Quicktime.

You can get the fix here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 45#p221799
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.