Auto-tag from web...: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request [BUG# 5605]

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

arielf

Re: Auto-tag - Couldn't show results: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Post by arielf »

MM it´s a great great product. I suppose because I live in Argentina maybe I couldn´t get Amazon anymore , but as I can see it´s happening all over there. So please MM hear and count me in the same "please fix it" list. PS: Excuse me for my english!
Candidman

Post by Candidman »

Yea Happened to me and just about Uninstantiated until I thought I'd Google the Error Message which sent me here and I don't know if I'm :D Happy that I'm not alone or Said :x that You don't know what's up by NOW! HELP!!! P.S. Now I've read all the Posts, What a Mess!
Last edited by Candidman on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

Right!!! I should have said "they say they have a solution"
"I wish you well!" - Rex Stout
Peke

Post by Peke »

To clear things up If you read http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5605 you will see that we have already added needed things in MM, but like you all noticed Amazon had updated their servers to use new code only few days ago which introduced regression bugs in code we were not able to test correctly and due the fact that Amazon didn't complained in pass two months MM 3.1 got out.

Additionally, as soon as I noticed that there is a problem whole team got alarmed and if you closely look at time and dates of dev. assigned for that issue. It was fixed within few Hours and will be included in first new release we publish.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kutusov

Re: Auto-tag from web...: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request [BUG# 5605]

Post by Kutusov »

Ok, still that's an obscure place to put such an information. Honestly I don't even know what that site is. And again, since you will not be releasing any kind of patch or emergency fix but the whole build, when can we expect it? A time frame would mean a lot for me, I really need an mp3 manager and can't go months without this feature.

Please understand that I'm not trying to bash MM just for the sake of it. I like MM and that's why I bought the license.
chidino

Post by chidino »

I'm not trying to pile on... just a quick addition: One of the (many) reasons I fled iTunes, Winamp, or whatever was the "lookup" feature on them was limited to what their store carried. Same as Amazon, I know; just the beast carries far more listings/titles than anyone else, by far. (For me, iTunes is like shopping for music at Wal-Mart. Kinda limiting.) My musical tastes do run a little esoteric, and yet MM provided as close to a perfect solution as is possible. (I think I end up retagging 90% of classical listings, since the folks who type them in for Amazon don't know classical. But that's another story.)

I start back to university (at 46 years old!!) in three weeks, and I've got a buttload of music to tag. For me, the timing of this thing could not have been worse. When this occurred Monday (or whenever), I didn't panic and went ahead and did some hardware-related stuff, confident that the good MM folk would have this worked out and a simple patch would be released. Instead, it's in the 'next release', with no delivery date.

For those saying "take it easy", I did/am. But when A) this is a major selling point for your product, and b) the team managed to solve the problem literally in hours, why the wait? I'm an IT manager, so the whole "it has to be tested" doesn't wash; this is a subroutine, by MM's own admission easily patched. For those of us who hold Lifetime licenses, we no longer have a crucial feature that was advertised and we paid for. This is not amusing.

I understand MM's QC and their desire to get it right -- just look at other companies and their "patches for the patches" garbage -- but an isolated update for this issue ONLY would hardly cause the MM world to fall. But what bothers me even more has already been pointed out: MM is still advertising a now non-existent feature, and there seems to be only scattered, isolated communication from MM -- and certainly nothing on their website. An old adage is that 10% of people will complain, and 90% will just stop using the product. The MM team's response, no matter if solved internally, is horribly lacking for the customer base. Would a little communication hurt? Give us a release date, or release just the patch. OR tell us why.

One of the things MM has going for it is the (deserved) loyalty its customers have for it. Right now, MM's lack of response is endangering that. (And for anyone who's going to flame and say "chill", I suggest you begin with the Federal Trade Commission Act ('truth-in-advertising') and work from there. This is dangerous territory, and I simply want MM to address the issue honestly and publicly.)
dodger23

Post by dodger23 »

Me too at 7.50am Dublin
Couldn't show results: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
oneway23

Post by oneway23 »

At least place a notification on the homepage for crying out loud...A new user downloads MM to try it out, rips a cd and it looks up the freedb info, yet provides no means of adding proper album art.

The truth is that 9 out of 10 users aren't going to parse through bug reports to assess the issue. Said user may simply delete this fantastic software and move on.
chriss

Post by chriss »

Hi,

"Additionally, as soon as I noticed that there is a problem whole team got alarmed and if you closely look at time and dates of dev. assigned for that issue. It was fixed within few Hours and will be included in first new release we publish."

You've got to be kidding right? Given the usual long periods between releases this could mean a wait of months to get a fix for something you've said only took a few hours to fix. I have my own software development company, if I adhered to these standards I wouldn't be in business today. That's simply not good enough guys.

Regards
Chris
TheCats

Post by TheCats »

I've been using MM for some years now with minimal concerns, no complaints, and recommend it constantly, but I'm going to agree with chidino on this one. You shouldn't keep pointing out it is fixed and will be available in the the next release, when you're still advertising it on Web pages (nice screenshot!) to new users for the current release. Leaving yourself wide open with that one!
MM is good, but this function is important to me and a major reason for purchase. I can wait for a short time, but new users will trash your reputation fast! This is a 100% user failure, not a minor issue - just imagine what those 90% of current users chidino mentioned are saying about your product right now. I can no longer recommend it to anyone until this is fixed and you can bet this problem will propagate through the internet rapidly - and stay there. Reputation is hard to build, easy to lose.
MM Gold 3.1 1256 on XP Home SP3
bcl999

Post by bcl999 »

I just purchased this software (MM Gold) on Monday. How do I go about getting a refund due to this malfunction?
GeWi

Post by GeWi »

Isn't it possible to release an intermediate build (containing the fixed code) we can download at our own risk.

Post by guest »

Hi,

you don't have to wait. TagScanner (Version 5.1) has solved the problem with Amazon and does the job really good. It also offers multiple databases (Discogs etc.).

Best regards
Bernd

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:Hi,

you don't have to wait. TagScanner (Version 5.1) has solved the problem with Amazon and does the job really good. It also offers multiple databases (Discogs etc.).

Best regards
Bernd

Works Brilliantly, thanks Bernd
maki84

Post by maki84 »