Beta 2: Logitech G15 display still doesn't work perfect

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

PoooMukkel

Post by PoooMukkel »

Ok, now I know, what you mean. It's the same with me when pressing the "Configure Button".
Cu,
PoooMukkel
Belgrath

Re: Beta 2: Logitech G15 display still doesn't work perfect

Post by Belgrath »

I'm seeing something wierd.. I installed wvs_03014-mediamonkey-setup within my MM/plugins directory. When I use my volume button on the G15 it still wants to control the volume on MM, Shift+volume also works. But what this is causing though is for me not to be able to flip thru the various WVS menus as easy because when I use the volume (as a scroll) it hops me into the generic G15 media screen... How do I disable the default G15 media applet?

Belg
Belgrath

Post by Belgrath »

Belgrath wrote:I'm seeing something wierd.. I installed wvs_03014-mediamonkey-setup within my MM/plugins directory. When I use my volume button on the G15 it still wants to control the volume on MM, Shift+volume also works. But what this is causing though is for me not to be able to flip thru the various WVS menus as easy because when I use the volume (as a scroll) it hops me into the generic G15 media screen... How do I disable the default G15 media applet?
Belg
figured it out, the G15 keyboard profiler, while it didn't have a MM entry under the media display just needed to be completely disabled as part of its config (the global disable didn't work)

Belg
bluna

Post by bluna »

hey
Play/Pause is not handled in MediaPlayer Page
peke or someone else how did you solve this problem?
mfg bluna
Peke

Post by Peke »

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Remove global in Hot Keys.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
bluna

Post by bluna »

yeah thx i got it :)

i had already removed global in hotkeys and Play/Pause still dont work in mm window.

Now i completly removed the entrie in mm hotkeys and now play/pause work in mm window, too. strange

byebye bluna
Peke

Post by Peke »

The reason for keys to work is that (with my CFG) Plugin itself handles G15 Keys and then directly communicates with MM so hotkeys are not needed.
Best regards,
Peke
bluna

Post by bluna »

i dont think that was the problem in my case

in wvs was "handel mediakey" the whole time enable.

if i open mm window and only delet gobal in mm hotkeys withaout delet the entrie completly he regist the keyhit two times.
With mm in background only one time.

Delet media enty in hotkeys -> one time in mm window too

hope you can understand my english :)

regards bluna
Peke

Post by Peke »

I was talking the same thing, I'm glad that we understand eachother.
Best regards,
Peke
Breydel

Post by Breydel »

Is there any alternative to WVS yet in regards to showing what music you are listening to on your G15 display? I have tried WVS when I was using MM 3.0.6 but I really don't like the program. It has soooo much stuff in it that I don't need or want at all. The only thing I really am interested in for my G15 display is a constant plain and simple information about artist, title (optionally also album info) and progress information bar just like Windows Media Player shows it on the G15. WVS and another application I have tried only clutter too much info on the display (like equalizers and such) and make the song/artist text so small that it's even hard to read.

I use my PC for gaming and internet surfing the most, and when I take a glimpse at my G15 display I would like to immediately see the info of the song that's playing in the background. This has always worked fine with just Windows Media Player but I have yet to find a decent utility that allows it for MM as well.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Disable all things in WVS and leave only Player Controls + Spectrum.
Best regards,
Peke
Breydel

Post by Breydel »

Peke wrote:Disable all things in WVS and leave only Player Controls + Spectrum.
Well quite honestly at this moment I rather look at the bugged default G15 display (with the missing title info) rather than reinstalling WVS and face all my previous problems again. At least this is something that always works and doesn't mess up my media keybinds either. Just a few things I can think about right now that really make me dislike WVS :

1) WVS fails to correctly display semi-exotic characters. For example it fails to properly write "Röyksopp" and the "ö" gets replaced with some weird Chinese or Japanese sign.
2) WVS conficts with MM in regards to the media keybinds. My previous solution was to unbind the keys in MM (I don't think you can do it in WVS) but that also means when WVS fails to start (more in the next topic), my media keys won't work either.
3) WVS often fails to start. Even after a fresh reboot and launching MM, there are many times when nothing is displayed on the G15 screen apart from the Logitech default screen saver while songs are playing in MM. Double-cheking in MM itself, WVS is supposed to be running though. Maybe this is because I'm using Vista 64 bit but I sure ain't going to change my OS for something like this.
4) WVS has way too many stuff in it and I believe it's not continued by its dev anymore. Sooner or later it's going to break (for me it already has, see point nr. 2).
5) The font used on WVS is just plain ugly and way too wide, making it waste precious display space. And it's impossible to change the font or to speed up the scrolling of text in case the artist + song title are too long to put on the display.
6) I believe WVS puts the artist and song title on the same line which is an unefficient usage of the G15's display space. Combined with the wide font this makes you wait rather long at times when you want to see the title of the song (or sometimes even worse, who's remix it is).
7) For something as simple as showing the basic media player info on your G15 display (which Windows Media Player does perfectly fine), I find installing such a heavy & overloaded-with-useless-stuff application like WVS way overkill.