Multiple CD's show up under location tab

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Multiple CD's show up under location tab

Post by Lowlander »

When inserting and taking out CD's one after an other (same drive) it shows a cd tab for each cd that was inserted. No music can be found as cd has been removed. The additional drives don't show a drive letter (neither show songs, CD is present) only the primary CD (with drive letter) shows CD's.) Closing and restarting the program doesn't solve the problem. Updating the library neither, even restarting the PC didn't change a thing.

I have had this problem in windows explorer before on a different machine with Win98 with this same CD burner.

At this point I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen (virtual CD? (don't use it)) or this is an error.

I'm currently reorganizing my songs (retagging, moving, ect) so I use the location tab a lot. As such it is slightly annoying to have all these tabs for CD's that are not existing.

Software: MM 2.0 free, WinAmp 2.91 and WinXP Pro.
Hardware: AMD XP 1700Mhz, 512Mb PC2100, CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device (Sound) and Sis 740 (Display)

Urgency: Would be nice
rusty

CD's show up in Locations tab

Post by rusty »

CDs should not appear in the locations node unless:
1) They've been saved to the virtual CD (in which case they should appear)
2) They've been ripped and volume has been leveled (in which case the CDs are added to the library in even though they shouldn't be--it's a bug in MM2.0).

Is either of the above the case in your situation?

p.s. something that we've discussed, but never decided on was whether it would make sense to place CDs that have been added to the library into their own folder so as not to crowd the Locations node. Comments?
Lowlander

Okay

Post by Lowlander »

Well, yeah I have ripped those CD's with volume levelling so that problem is solved. Hope to see a fix comming along.

I assume that you are talking about where virtual CD's should be saved. I personally don't use it (don't see a need for this feature). But I agree that having them in location under the CDrom drive would possibly crowd the tree significantly.

I would probably go with one tab under the CD-rom called virtual CD under which all are listed (expandeble menu). But I guess this might not make the most sense as virtual CD has it's own loaction in the library with a similar structure (so maybe get rid of that one).

Whatever you decide is fine with me as I currently don't use it and have no plans too. Hope other people give their opinion too!

Re: CD's show up in Locations tab

Post by Guest »

rusty wrote: p.s. something that we've discussed, but never decided on was whether it would make sense to place CDs that have been added to the library into their own folder so as not to crowd the Locations node. Comments?
Yes, I think this (or any other solution to make the Location node less unwieldy) would be helpful. But I do not think it should be very high priority for you.

llwb
Lowlander

Yep

Post by Lowlander »

Correct, this has very little importance for me. And anyway, any excess Cdrom locations can be manually deleted, so even some solution is present.