Now Playing window not noticing lenght of song titles

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Now Playing window not noticing lenght of song titles

Post by Lowlander »

Sometimes the now playing window doesn't pick up the lenght of added song titles. This results in ... behind titles that are shorter than the title space and the lack of ... (and thus cut off) with titles that are longer than the title space. Clicking once on these titles will solve the problem.

Software: MM 2.0 free, WinAmp 2.91 and WinXP Pro.
Hardware: AMD XP 1700Mhz, 512Mb PC2100, CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device (Sound) and Sis 740 (Display)

Urgency: Would be nice, not bothered by this
rusty

Post by rusty »

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'This results in ... behind titles that are shorter than the title space and the lack of ... (and thus cut off) with titles that are longer than the title space.'. Can you clarify?

Also, does the problem occur only in the Now Playing dialog? or in both the Now Playing dialog and the Now Playing node?
Lowlander

New try

Post by Lowlander »

Sorry for the confusing language.

Two problems occur:

1 Titles are longer than the title space: Sometimes the title is cut off at the end of the space. The program is supposed to add ... at the end of the title space indicating that the title is longer than the space available. It fails to indicate this so it seems part of the title is missing.

2 Titles are shorter than the title space: Sometimes the ... is added after the complete title. This indicates that the title is longer than the title space, which is not the case.

Clicking on the track will solve either problem.

It occurs in the now playing dialog, haven't checked the now playing node, as i rarely use it (busy with management).

I hope this explained the situation better.
rusty

Post by rusty »

thx--now I understand :D . I'll try to replicate...