Genre Tools

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

sugi

Genre Tools

Post by sugi »

After executing a different script with wrong settings I suddenly faced around 5000 genres spread all over my collection. Since I did not have a backup of the database I started cleaning them up myself. After running into a minor bug in MediaMonkey I decided to write a script to help me modify the genres. It's not very performant, but it works for me.
But of course, I'll guarantee nothing.

Script is written in AutoIt v3, sources are included (*.au3).

Download: http://sugi.s3.amazonaws.com/pub/GenreTools.zip
Macarena

Re: Genre Tools

Post by Macarena »

Would you mind to describe the purpose of the script, please? M
sugi wrote:After executing a different script with wrong settings I suddenly faced around 5000 genres spread all over my collection. Since I did not have a backup of the database I started cleaning them up myself. After running into a minor bug in MediaMonkey I decided to write a script to help me modify the genres. It's not very performant, but it works for me.
But of course, I'll guarantee nothing.

Script is written in AutoIt v3, sources are included (*.au3).

Download: http://sugi.s3.amazonaws.com/pub/GenreTools.zip
sugi

Post by sugi »

Macarena wrote:Would you mind to describe the purpose of the script, please?
Sorry, my fault. I thought it was clear. I hope this description gives you more information:

The script help you to remove genres from selected songs, without overwriting the Genre-field.
Reason for this script was: I ran the script that gets the tags from live.fm and adds them to your songs. Just that I disabled the filter that is supposed to stop you from getting genres like "Yeehaw, that's my favorite song". Of course, I had a crazy amount of genres on each songs and didn't want to delete them by browsing the genre tree and deleting the genres one-by-one, due to an annoying bug in MM3, that would force me to re-open the genre tree after deleting maybe every third genre.
E.g. you have 500 songs, each song has a different list of genres and you want to remove 50 genres from all of these songs, but want to keep the list of genres each of the songs currently has, minus the 50 genres you wish to delete. In my script you just select the genres in the GUI and the script will modify the Genre-field of all songs you selected. I'll provide a screenshot when I'm back from work.

The AddToGenre script has become useless, as I learned you could just drag&drop songs to a genre with the control-key pressed, to add the genre, but it may still serve as an example if someone wishes to write a script for MM3 in AutoIt V3, since it does not contain a real GUI like the Remove-script and is a lot easier to understand. Also it might be usefull if you wish to add more than one genre, but I guess that's more theoretical than practical.
sugi

Post by sugi »

Here's the promised screenshot:
When I click "Go!" on that screen it would remove the genres listed on the right side on the songs I selected before starting the script. So for example the song "Blue Skies Over Guardia" would still have the genre "SomeStupidGenre", but it would remove the genres "AnotherStupidGenre" and "CCSymphonic" from all songs.
jaksco

Post by jaksco »

Link was 404. Can I get this? Thanks...