Question About Volume Leveling

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

glennergy

Question About Volume Leveling

Post by glennergy »

If I choose to use volume leveling, it does not make and changes to the actual .mp3 file right? It only changes how MM reads the track for playing. Am I understanding this correctly?
Bex

Re: Question About Volume Leveling

Post by Bex »

Analyze Volume -> Doesn't change the file
Level Track Volume - > DO CHANGE the file
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
glennergy

Post by glennergy »

Thanks for the response.

So, what are the advantages of using "level volume" as opposed to "analyze volume?" If I prefer to keep my original files unchanged, is there any compelling reason not to choose "analyze volume?"
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

glennergy wrote:Thanks for the response.

So, what are the advantages of using "level volume" as opposed to "analyze volume?" If I prefer to keep my original files unchanged, is there any compelling reason not to choose "analyze volume?"
The only reason to use level volume is if you want to have a level volume when playing back your music tracks from some player or device besides MM. For example, lets say you have some generic mp3 player, and you'd like the music to play back with leveled volume. Since the mp3 player can't read the volume tags created by "Analyze volume", you instead alter the mp3 itself so that the track plays back at a louder or quieter level.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When you synchronized to a portable device with MediaMonkey it can level the volume on the fly. This means you don't have to apply it to your collection on your PC itself.
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

Nice clear explanation. Thanks.
Can't afford a signature.