Reading audio data problem

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

RealGSD1

Reading audio data problem

Post by RealGSD1 »

I have to record (rip) almost all tracks twice, because I am getting this message with well over 50% of the CD tracks: "There was a problem reading the audio data. Do you want to try adain?". What's causing this? I am converting to OGG using Vertual CD Queue in MM-Gold built 1.557 and Windows 2000, 256RAM, Duron 700.
jiri

Post by jiri »

This message should appear only if there is a real problem with reading the media. Does it happen with all CDs or only with some - possibly damaged, copy protected or something like this? You can try to modify settings of your drive in 'Options\CD ripping' in order to try if it improves something.

Jiri
RealGSD1

Post by RealGSD1 »

It happens only with some (but well over half of them), all classical musik, original store purchased CDs, from EMI, Naxos, London, Deutsche Grammophone, etc.
I have not dared thus far to adjust anything in the >Options >CD ripping window (exept I tried the "Read Type" in the "Jitter corrected read", were it still is now) because I have no idea what any of the settings mean or do. Thus, I need some suggestions as to what to try from someone that knows that stuff.

Martin
RealGSD1

Post by RealGSD1 »

No answer after 4 days, doesn't look like good product support after paying for the GOLD version. But then, maybe just as well, see "MM serious problem" in this forum.
If I find that my posts have been removed, I will post them in other forums (such as Cnet, Hot Scripts, etc.).
rusty

Problem copying CDs

Post by rusty »

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you soon enough. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) we've had a fair amount of activity on the forums recently and it's not always obvious who has upgraded to Gold. If we haven't disenchanted you entirely, I would urge you in the future to e-mail us directly to the support address you received on purchasing the product if you find you're not getting satisfaction via the forum.

Re. the problem you described, since it seems to occur on specific CDs, I would bet that those CDs are copy-protected resulting in the problems you described. The phenomenon of CD Copy Protection is only beginning to reach us in North America, but appears to be quite rampant in Europe.

A very useful site that discusses this issue is:
http://www.fatchucks.com/z3.cd.html

Note: support for ripping copy-protected CDs is something that we're looking into.