Recreate M3U 2.4 - Updated 25/10/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Cheers! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.0) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Made compatible with MM3
- Added option to create a playlist
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
judas

Post by judas »

Lovely, will try it now.

Thanks again trix!
Cheers, judas
judas

Post by judas »

Ok, tried it and now that it's working on MM I can't really get it to work...the thing is I need to recreate some playlists that were put on an iPod:

The structure of the playlists is as follows:

Code: Select all

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:304,DIVA GASH - La Consentida
\iTunes_Control\Music\F04\DIVA.mp3
#EXTINF:234,DIVA GASH - Bubi-LI-Cious
\iTunes_Control\Music\F02\DIVA.mp3
#EXTINF:340,DIVA GASH - Starmaster
\iTunes_Control\Music\F06\DIVA.mp3
Is there a way I can use this with the script?

Thanks!
Cheers, judas
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Not at the moment you can't, because only the filename of the track is used and you don't have the track title in there. I could maybe add an option to use the comment as well in the next version.
trixmoto

Re: Recreate M3U 2.1 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.1) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added option to use comments as well

I've made this enabled by default because I think it's quite useful but it can be switched off my editing the variables at the top of the script file after installing.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I get the following error when trying to download:

Code: Select all

File does not exist. Make sure you specified correct file name.
Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, this should be sorted now! :)
judas

Post by judas »

This script is truly amazing trix...once again THANK YOU
Cheers, judas
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Glad you like! :)
PeRFeCK

Post by PeRFeCK »

this thing is awesome! thank you very very much for your work on this. while running i found it peculiar that almost every song it prompted me for was listed twice , sometimes 3 times, but didnt really make a difference in the results.

i also noticed that it has trouble with unicode stuff, a lot of my music has asian languages in the filenames. i'm not sure if thats possible to do and i know sometimes the characters get converted to different things so i'm just going to manually do those ones. just thought i'd mention it.

one other suggestion, would it be possible to show you a list of files it was unable to find, and then let you browse for them?

thanks so much again!!
auburnrose55

Post by auburnrose55 »

Thanks for this script, it seems to be doing what I needed!! But, like a previous commenter, I too am getting a prompt screen for most tracks, and in most cases it's giving me a "choice" between the exact same track twice or three times. Since the playlist I'm recreating is over 1000 tracks long, I'm spending a lot of time uselessly selecting which match of the exact same track (same file path) to add. However, once in a while there's a real choice to be made, so I don't want to turn off the verifications.

How can I set this up so there are no more prompt screens asking to choose between absolutely identical tracks?

And, despite this complaint, this script looks like it's exactly what I was looking for, great job! (I'll be even more enthusiastic once I'm done manually verifying everything and actually see the final playlist)
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

I tried to use your script. After recreating a couple of playlist with no problems, it started displaying windows, each of which contained one or more of tracks repeated two or more times and asking me to choose (?) from them. Of course, that became quickly unusable. The list the script was working from was simply transferred from desktop to laptop via a flash drive. The content of the flash drive (my entire music library, including the playlists) was created via the sync process from MM on the desktop. In particular, the playlists are correct, i.e., I can play them from the flash drive. I have the latest version of MM and work on PC with Windows XP SP3.

I hope you can help with that. Other than this problem, I would like to submit a wish: my list is rather long and even had it worked correctly, it would become very tedious after a while to go every time (i.e., for every playlist) tools-scripts-Recreate M3U - select playlist (fortunately, after the first time at least it remembers the folder to choose from). Would it be possible for the dialog window (with your script) to stay on the screen until finished?

Thank you, sincerely - Karol Makowski
"I wish you well!" - Rex Stout
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@auburnrose55 - this script only lists tracks with different IDs (or should do!) so if you have multiple identical tracks then I imagine this is because you have identical tracks in your library - you should try comparing the ID and/or Path to make sure they really are the same.

@Karolm - which dialog are you wanting to remain in view?
auburnrose55

Post by auburnrose55 »

I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough in my previous post - the duplicates that the Recreate M3U script is reporting are not duplicate files/tracks in my library, I verified this by checking the file paths from the dropdown menu in the 4th column of the Recreate M3U script pop-up verification window. Identical title, artist, album, track number, AND file path reported 2 or 3 times, as much as 7 times in the Recreate M3U pop-up verification window. I also verified that I do not have duplicate entries or tracks in my library. So this is not the result of having the same track multiple times in my library - the problem is that the Recreate M3U script is matching the same track file multiple times. Also, I did not have a iPod or iPhone connected at the time, so MM was not matching tracks on an MP3 palyer.

I'm running MM 3.0.5 with a library of over 30,000 tracks. Later today I' plan to install MM 3.0.6 & verify that it works with my iPhone 3G. Once that works, I need to re-install Windows on my PC, it's behaving weirdly in several ways(Outlook hangs often, Explorer crashes, boot takes a long time, virus scanner cant' seem to update itself, etc etc). If a badly behaving Windows environment might explain the script's problems, let me know. When I reinstall MM after the o.s. rebuild, I plan to use Trixmoto's Backup script (love it!!!) to restore my database & settings, after that I'll try the Recreate M3U script again.