Proxy settings more clear

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Steegy

Proxy settings more clear

Post by Steegy »

Hello

I would like that internet connection settings that are used by MM are grouped together for Amazon tagging and Freedb tagging. Now it is only possible to change Freedb settings, but it's totally not obvious that these settings also apply for Amazon tagging.
Therefore I suggest a common "Internet Connection" settings page, or a common settings page for both "Freedb and Amazon".

As it is now, "CDDBP" is enabled for Freedb by default, but together with that setting the proxy settings can't be enabled for Amazon. The FreeDB CDDBP and Amazon proxy settings should be seperated.

Also I would like it to be possible to set the proxy "use proxy settings from Internet Explorer" or something like that (as in other programs).
In that way, it's much easier for laptop users so they only have to change IE's proxy settings when they change from location.

Thanks
Steegy
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Bump.
(Sorry, but this one seems to be forgotten)
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Proxy Settings

Post by Guest »

Just a quick post to ask that if if proxy settings are to be upgraded in future releases, to please include the "use automatic configuration script" under LAN settings. I need this in order to get to the internet when i am in the office.
guest 2

Post by guest 2 »

Yes, agree completely... the automatic script option would be very helpful. I'm unable to import any CD's with manually renaming all the tracks :(
CaptainRoo

Re: Proxy settings more clear

Post by CaptainRoo »

Steegy wrote:
Also I would like it to be possible to set the proxy "use proxy settings from Internet Explorer" or something like that (as in other programs).
In that way, it's much easier for laptop users so they only have to change IE's proxy settings when they change from location.
Yes, yes! absolutely. This was indeed forgotten. As I responded to another post as well, Internet Explorer's Internet Options are system wide and can handle Microsoft's ISA proxy server.

Please.
HTH,

Gábor
SelArom-notloggedin

Post by SelArom-notloggedin »

was this ever included? I have a proxy at work and use auto detect settings. I can connect to amazon to auto tag, but I can't scrobble my tracks to last.fm... it works from home, using same settings for last.fm login, but at work it doesn't scrobble.
CaptainRoo

Post by CaptainRoo »

No, unfortunately this was not implemented (yet).

Waiting for it. Patiently.
HTH,

Gábor
SelArom-notloggedin

aww nuts. oh well... are there any workarounds? would sure love to scrobble at work that's where I do most of my music listening!

thanks
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

SelArom-notloggedin wrote:aww nuts. oh well... are there any workarounds? would sure love to scrobble at work that's where I do most of my music listening!

thanks
Try the old winamp scrobbler (see my sig)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
SelArom-notloggedin

i tried your fix, but it too only shows the proxy or the username/password. my settings are auto-detect and there is no option for that :(
SelArom-notloggedin

never mind i is dumb. it just took a while to register. works a treat, many thanks! http://www.last.fm/user/selarom